Draft: Adding scroll indicators to Titanium home screen (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There were some question how to find settings when Titanium skin (see also https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/installed-mp2-how-do-i-configure-it.125902/). The main reason is, that there is no indication about scroll directions of the items.

We could show a scrollbar, but this doesn't look good.

I created a first draft how to design indicators, they appear if you are able to scoll into this direction:
    01_home.jpg 02_middle.jpg 03_bottom.jpg

I plan to make them semi-transparent, maybe animating the opacity every few seconds (so it "flashes").

What do our @Designers think about this? Could someone create me a nice vector image to use for "up" and "down" (currently same Path, only rotated by LayoutTransform)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Would it not be better to have it scrolling horizontal like titan for mp1 and have page indicators ? scroll arrow look ugly ( only my opinion ;) )
    @joostzilla may have a specific idea in mind as it's his design ?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To be honest, I really don't like the MP1 way, that's why it looks this way.
    Switching to horizontal scrolling is a matter of one attribute though, only difference is the order of items

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Well you could stay with vertical scrolling and have a vertical page indicator to the left or right of the tiles.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Could someone create me a nice vector image
    Do you know this page?
    http://de.all-free-download.com/frei-vektoren/vektoren-misc/pfeil_vector_pack_48734.html
    Lots of vector gfx for free...

scroll arrow look ugly
    Agree, but lots of newbies are not able to find the scrolling option by themselves.

Personally I don't think it's necessary as this only is needed one time in the beginning. Later everyone know how to scroll w/o those arrows. But I'm no big fan of Titan(ium) skin so I don't expect too much "eye candy" out of the skin at all. So do what you want, didn't really matter to me. I'm using Titanium as it is the only full featured skin for MP2 today. In Reflection lots of infos (watched status, series info,...) are missing. If those were added I would switch from Titanium instantly. I prefer clean skins with not that much gfx but show as much fanart as possible. If I could wish me a MP1 skin to MP2 I definitely would choose PureVision (if it's needed to be a recent skin) or my all time favourite Backdrop (dead skin from cul8er, nothing compares to this beauty)...

I have started to learn skinning for MP2 but I failed just right after the beginning.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/very-first-steps-in-skinning.125648/
    I'm simply unable to find the xaml files I need to modify to achieve what I want to change. There is no step by step guide to MP2 skinning and the nested skin files are hard to follow if they are done by someone else...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is the default scrollviewer style: it shows a scrollbar on right. (Left margin is missing here)
    Maybe keep this default and don't use vertical indicators?
    04_regular_scrollviewer.jpg

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    the scrollbar does not fit the overall look in the slightest

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe not for home but it's visible on nearly every screen so one is really used to see it.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I like the page marker idea. Maybe some little dots?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom