Music home page (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am looking at knocking up a very simple plugin that ties together some of the bits around MP

I am looking at some sort of home page which will list all the database views available, have a Play CD button and probaly a jukebox mode. (so a lot of this will be just putting what is in the menus now into a window.

The other thing I want to do is add a config window. This will contain options such as running database import (from within MP), scanning for artist and album info for all artists / albums.

This is really just a though in my mind now and I am not sure what this would look like etc. Just looking for ideas as to what it should and should not include. This will not add any new functionality to MP but might just tie a few things together and also make a few hidden things more easily accessible.

Thoughts ???

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Music home page

IMHO the config page in music settings could be expanded to incorporate the options for running database import (from within MP), scanning for artist and album info for all artists / albums.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: Music home page

IMHO the config page in music settings could be expanded to incorporate the options for running database import (from within MP), scanning for artist and album info for all artists / albums.

Setting page already does some stuff but IMHO it is too much pain to navigate to from music. Also I see the settings stuff as more one time settings rather than maintenance or regular tasks?

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Check out the Stremed MP forum under 1.2RC music views. I have made a music menu that incorporates some functionality using hyperlinks.

Would love to know of any aditional features you might have in stall. Will definitly incorporate these into the skin files.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would suggest to add the update & download options to Config and add a hyperlink to the Config section in myMusic. Would the JukeBox be some kind of "PartyMode"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom