0.2rc2 My music -> Cover art not displayed (1 Viewer)

YYota

Portal Pro
May 14, 2005
Area: Media Portal Program
MP Version: 0.2rc2
Skin: mce
Windows Version: win xp mce 2005
CPU Type: amd 2600+
Memory: 512Mb
Motherboard Chipset: nforce2
Video Card: ati9250SE
Video Card Resolution: 960*540

Synopsis:
When playing music, the visualization preview used to alternate with the covert art. Since rc2, the visualization alternates with a black picture instead. The covert art is not shown anymore in the preview window. Covert art is shown correctly as icon for songs in the mp3 list, just not in the visualization square preview.

Covert art are folder.jpg in each mp3 folders.

dony76

January 12, 2006
Same Problem here, I tryed all the stuff, changed what I could find even in WMP, but no success. Does anyone know how to change it?

Thanks

Dony

BoelShit

Portal Pro
November 6, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I'm also having the problem... Also in Radio the stationlogo's aren't shown...

YYota

Portal Pro
May 14, 2005
Just tried it again with the cvs of 16 jan, MP now freezes but music continues to play. Had to ALT-F4 to kill MP :(

Thanks to anyone looking into this issue!

Nooky

Portal Member
November 26, 2005
Have the same problem here...

Some covers are showed, most not.

What do have to keep in mind wehn using cover art?
What is the right format (.png, .jpg, .gif, etc)
What size (pixels?)
Image name
Etc, etc...?!

YYota

Portal Pro
May 14, 2005
The thing is the cover files didn't change for months and it was working with 0.2rc1 and before. Only since rc2 it stopped working. All my cover files are named folder.jpg and have various sizes.

YYota

Portal Pro
May 14, 2005
I tried using the built-in function to download covers for albums. The problem is still there. No cover in vizualisation.

Nooky

Portal Member
November 26, 2005
Nooky said:
Have the same problem here...

Some covers are showed, most not.

What do I have to keep in mind wehn using cover art?
What is the right format (.png, .jpg, .gif, etc)
What size (pixels?)
Image name
Etc, etc...?!

I know that this isn't a solution to your problem, but it's the one I'm experiencing.

Can someone tell me how to name the files, what size and format it must be, where to store them, etcetera.

Can't seem to find that info anywhere... ;-(

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    firstly nookie....

you need a jpg or png file called folder.jpg it can be any size but i set them to about 640 x whatever it ends up as it needs to be stored in each folder that contains mp3's so if you have a folder called 'coldplay - X & Y' you would get the cover image file for coldplay x& y call it folder.jpg (or png if it is a png) and store it in the 'coldplay - X & Y' folder

YYota

EDIT - NEW REPLY

**********Well looks like i should read what skin you used!!! :lol: yes can confirm that the coverart is indeed broken in the visualisation preview window in the MCE skin works in others***************

ORIGINAL REPLY

i said i would check it out and i have. I or others in the test team cannot reproduce this at all. my covers show correctly and then slide to one side... show the vis and then the vis slides away and shows the cover. Just out of interest does the cover show correctly in the now playing view?

i dont really know what more to ask for information wise. what cvs is this on? i am running very latest it would be handy to know if anything has changed that may make this work over the version your running. are your files in the database? have you got the use coverart embedded in mp3's for thumbnails enabled? just some ideas

i'll wait for your reply

Thanks

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom