[Info] Release 0.7 (x86/x64) - MPExtended, WebMP, Bootstrap skin by ajs - Hard way (5 Viewers)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Strange, i try test, and all work fine for me...

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hmmm, I get the same problem on my Samsung S9 and on my Asus Tablet. Maybe it could be that I didn't install the proper versions of the software. Can you link me to the proper versions of MPTvScheduler and MPExtended? I was a little confused over where the current versions of the files were. And thanks for checking for me.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    All links in first post ...

1c21527c9fe483efbbe4ffffa8830b66.jpg
    70329aac797aedb2813871e400ec1393.jpg
    948429f8be78af7eb8714c89a9a2b347.jpg

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    EDIT: I did find a field in the "Online_Series" table for "Actors". But not an actual table for "Actors"
    Need to look ... @ltfearme any comment?
    I just figured out why pictures won't work. It does not recognize anything but a local path. Connecting via a mapped drive, or \\servername\path or \\serverIP\path does not work. (all of my media is on a network drive)
    MPExtended service work on other user account, this user have access right to mapped drive?

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    @ajs Sorry so long in following up. I've been doing a lot of experimenting with different versions. Right now I'm using the version of MPTvScheduler that Regeszter's wife provided a link to (link) and the version of MPExtended installer that is found here on appveyer (link). I'm not using any of the web applications.

Everything works now except for pictures... I just don't think that part of the program will work for my setup for some reason (WD MyCloud EX2). Series now works though, and Movies, Music and TV all work too.

There are a few small oddities:
    I no longer have fhd capability, it won't use the resolutions in the updated StreamingProfiles.xml. That's not a big problem.

A few issues with VLC player, but the internal player is fine.

Also my Samsung S9 has an endless notification sound playing over the music (weirdest thing ever lol). I had to disable notifications for that.

I think I am just going to go with this setup for now. It's pretty much doing everything I need it to do at the moment.

Thanks for looking into it for me. If you want me to help with anything related to the issues I was having, just let me know. I'd be happy to help.

EDIT: Forgot to answer your question about the user. Yes the user account had access to the drive, and the directory itself was set to Public on the NAS.

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Forgot to answer your question about the user. Yes the user account had access to the drive, and the directory itself was set to Public on the NAS.
    Let's try to understand, the MPE Picture plugin, to get them, uses the direct reading of directories prescribed in the configurator.
    Is MPE installed on the same computer as Mediaportal?
    Is the MPE service running from the same user as the Mediaportal?
    In the MPE settings (I think there is a directory selection there) does it work? Is the directory available?

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    @ajs Is MPE installed on the same computer as Mediaportal?
    Yes, it is running on the MP Server/Client

Is the MPE service running from the same user as the Mediaportal?
    I hadn't thought of this, added them now.

In the MPE settings (I think there is a directory selection there) does it work? Is the directory available?
    Yes and yes and it now works!! BUT... not when I select it mapped as a drive letter, only when mapped as an UNC path for some reason??

Thanks for hanging in there with me lol!

Attachments

• gcarr.PNG
      gcarr.PNG
      21.7 KB
    • pics.PNG
      pics.PNG
      23.1 KB
    • pics2.PNG
      pics2.PNG
      24 KB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Yes and yes and it now works!! BUT... not when I select it mapped as a drive letter, only when mapped as an UNC path for some reason??
    This is generally more correct, but I think you can manually change the path with the drive. :)

MrGrymReaper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @ajs All of the artifacts currently built for MPExtended 0.7 have currently expired and are unavailable to download. This may be a surprise to you but during the period of MediaPortal version 1.28's development, the AppVeyor CI host changed its policy in regards to the artifacts built availability. The policy is now for them to only be available for just 1 month only!

Please rebuilt the software however may I suggest resume (or start) having the finished builds on GitHub releases page, as this will avoid the policy. Or get the Continuous Delivery version of the AppVeyor service. As you have had the AppVeyor CI service hosting the downloads, which is why they keep expiring!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom