0.8.0 status again again again :-D (1 Viewer)

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
October 9, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Sorry to post another thread about this subject again...

But what is going on with v. 0.8.0!? It's great the work you're doing, but many users have been waiting a long time for this release... For a couple of months ago, a beta for 0.8.0 was just a couple of weeks ahead.. But today we are still "stuck" with v. 0.7.5 :(

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Well sometimes life gets in the way :) fforde said a alpha was to be out soon. But who knows, things may change. Just be patient or try compile the svn yourself(No support though)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    "Are we there yet?", "Are we there yet?", "Are we there yet?", "Are we there yet?"... It will come.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Well sometimes life gets in the way :) fforde said a alpha was to be out soon. But who knows, things may change. Just be patient or try compile the svn yourself(No support though)

i did follow the documentation to compile the svn but the documentation is not complete and i had errors.

it would be nice if this documentation could be updated.

if i remember correctly it was something about missing references + another issue.

TheGlassjaw

Portal Member
    May 8, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

i did follow the documentation to compile the svn but the documentation is not complete and i had errors.

if i remember correctly it was something about missing references + another issue.

I was able to successfully compile from source. Did you ensure that you added all the necessary projects? There's one or two project files that have different names than what is given in the guide, but it's easy to figure out where those project files are located. Also, you can see by the errors which references it couldn't find. Once I had everything in place, the only *problem* and not really a problem, just a warning, I saw was for some unreachable code in the MediaPortal source, not MovingPictures.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

I was able to successfully compile from source. Did you ensure that you added all the necessary projects? There's one or two project files that have different names than what is given in the guide, but it's easy to figure out where those project files are located. Also, you can see by the errors which references it couldn't find. Once I had everything in place, the only *problem* and not really a problem, just a warning, I saw was for some unreachable code in the MediaPortal source, not MovingPictures.

i have all references but get some errors...

Code:
    Error	2	Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Sergio1\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PluginDev\MediaPortal\mediaportal\Utils\bin\Debug\Utils.dll' could not be found	Core

Error	3	Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\S\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PluginDev\MediaPortal\mediaportal\Core\bin\Debug\Core.dll' could not be found	Databases
    Error	4	Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\S\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PluginDev\MediaPortal\mediaportal\Utils\bin\Debug\Utils.dll' could not be found	Databases
    Error	5	Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\S\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PluginDev\MediaPortal\mediaportal\Core\bin\Debug\Core.dll' could not be found	Dialogs
    Error	6	Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\S\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PluginDev\MediaPortal\mediaportal\Utils\bin\Debug\Utils.dll' could not be found	Dialogs
    Error	7	Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\S\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PluginDev\MediaPortal\mediaportal\Databases\bin\Debug\Databases.dll' could not be found	Dialogs
    Error	8	Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\S\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PluginDev\MediaPortal\mediaportal\Core\bin\Debug\Core.dll' could not be found	Cornerstone.MP
    Error	9	Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\S\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PluginDev\MediaPortal\mediaportal\Dialogs\bin\Debug\Dialogs.dll' could not be found	Cornerstone.MP
    Error	10	Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\S\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PluginDev\MediaPortal\mediaportal\Core\bin\Debug\Core.dll' could not be found	RemotePlugins
    Error	11	Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\S\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PluginDev\MediaPortal\mediaportal\Utils\bin\Debug\Utils.dll' could not be found	RemotePlugins
    Error	12	Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\S\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PluginDev\MediaPortal\mediaportal\Databases\bin\Debug\Databases.dll' could not be found	Cornerstone
    Error	13	Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\S\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PluginDev\MediaPortal\mediaportal\Core\bin\Debug\Core.dll' could not be found	MovingPictures
    Error	14	Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\S\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PluginDev\MediaPortal\mediaportal\RemotePlugins\bin\Debug\RemotePlugins.dll' could not be found	MovingPictures
    Error	15	Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\S\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PluginDev\Moving Pictures\Cornerstone\bin\Debug\Cornerstone.dll' could not be found	MovingPictures
    Error	16	Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\S\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PluginDev\MediaPortal\mediaportal\Utils\bin\Debug\Utils.dll' could not be found	MovingPictures
    Error	17	Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\S\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PluginDev\MediaPortal\mediaportal\Databases\bin\Debug\Databases.dll' could not be found	MovingPictures
    Error	18	Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\S\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PluginDev\Moving Pictures\Cornerstone.MP\bin\Debug\Cornerstone.MP.dll' could not be found	MovingPictures
    Error	19	Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\S\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PluginDev\MediaPortal\mediaportal\Dialogs\bin\Debug\Dialogs.dll' could not be found	MovingPictures
    Error	20	Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\S\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PluginDev\MediaPortal\mediaportal\Core\bin\Debug\Core.dll' could not be found	MovingPicturesConfigTester
    Error	21	Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\S\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\PluginDev\Moving Pictures\MovingPictures\bin\Debug\MovingPictures.dll' could not be found	MovingPicturesConfigTester
    Warning	22	Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Microsoft.mshtml, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.	MovingPictures
    Warning	23	The referenced component 'Microsoft.mshtml' could not be found. 	
    Warning	24	Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Microsoft.mshtml, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.	Utils
    Warning	25	The referenced component 'Microsoft.mshtml' could not be found.

i did follow every step so i cant understand whats happening.

thanks for any help

TheGlassjaw

Portal Member
    May 8, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    That looks like you havent compiled the mediaportal source. When you go to compile are you selected "build solution?"

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    That looks like you havent compiled the mediaportal source. When you go to compile are you selected "build solution?"

i opened the solution PluginDev.sln then went to build and hit "build solution F6"

am i doing something wrong? i dont know if i have compiled mediaportal, i just followed the steps in the guide.

oh and in plugindev folder where mediaportal and movingpictures folders are located. mediaportal has a green tick and moving picturs has a red exclamation mark

thanks for the help, its not a matter of getting 0.8 but more of learning how to do it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom