0002693: PowerScheduler does not prevent windows standby even when StandbyHandlers di

Discussion in 'Bugtracker Feed' started by MediaPortal-Bot, February 10, 2010.

1. MediaPortal-Bot

MediaPortal-Bot Worlds greatest bot!

Ratings:
    +93 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. crazyboy
    • Premium Supporter

crazyboy MP Donator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Show System Specs
  4. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

tourettes Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    Re: 0002693: PowerScheduler does not prevent windows standby even when StandbyHandler

Talking about code details aren't usually helping the users as wel..

5. Charly_Brown
    • Premium Supporter

Charly_Brown MP Donator

Software Quality Manager
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Re: 0002693: PowerScheduler does not prevent windows standby even when StandbyHandler

Even so development details are discussed I'm interested, if this problem is about the standby
    • that is initiated by windows power management
    • or when the user initiates the standby by command or by configuring the power button to force the system to go to standby when pressed
    If the discussion is about the second point, I'm interessted in the solution

Thanks

Charly

6. nikigraus

nikigraus Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Show System Specs

I am highly interested in that, because standby handling is something that is slowly dragging me away from MP!
    I have a process that must be able to prevent MP from going into standby. But I can't add it to the "preventing processes" list because that process is always there.
    The process is a streaming server that must prevent standby only when it is actively running. Monitoring network activity is not possible because there are also local clients that use the server.
    Usually, every application is able to prevent standby in a normal Windows environment. It would be great if Power Scheduler was also able to do this.

Please provide access to the thread if possible.

Thanks

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!