TV-Server 0003946: Scanning: channels with the same ONID + TSID + SID combination can overwrite eachother (1 Viewer)

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
[PARSEHTML]According to DVB guidelines, ONID + TSID + SID should be unique in all the world. However intermittent feeds and some non-compliant providers often use 0 or 1 for the ONID and/or TSID and low values for the SID. This can cause TV Server to think one channel is the same as others and overwrite the tuning details.[/PARSEHTML]
Continue reading...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No... but then this is not a particularly common problem.
    Are you 100% sure this is what you're experiencing?

philliphs

March 1, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    unfortunately yes, i'm viewing satellite china of chinasat 6b and palapa d, most of their ONID and TSID is either 0-1 or 1-1. I've tested this when scanning single transponder, and when I scanned second transponder it did not create new channel, and overwrite the channel result from the first transponder scan result.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Right, okay. Yeah using 0 or 1 as ONID and/or TSID seems to be a very common practice. Currently there is no solution. The workaround is to add the channels manually. Sorry.

philliphs

March 1, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i've tried to add the channel manually, but have no luck on mapping the channel into the DVB-S card. How can I do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom