[confirm] 1.1.0 RC5 - Action Menu not visible in Pictures (1 Viewer)

Tekni2010

Portal Member
June 28, 2010
When viewing individual pictures, using 'right click' to bring up action menu.

If picture is 'normal', i.e. landscape, then works OK

If picture is 'portrait', then menu item text appears briefly and is then covered by button background (white)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When viewing individual pictures, using 'right click' to bring up action menu.

If picture is 'normal', i.e. landscape, then works OK

If picture is 'portrait', then menu item text appears briefly and is then covered by button background (white)

And your logs are where??????

Oh, of course, since this is easy to reproduce, you don't think they are necessary. Oh, but wait a minute, what if this only happens on your computer and not everyone elses?

Apologies for the sarcasm, but the rules about posting logs are there for a very good reason - to help the developers identify genuine bugs and to fix them.

Mark

Tekni2010

Portal Member
    June 28, 2010
    Mark

Thank you very much for the sarcasm.

I was convinced that I read that logs were automatically added, l have selected 'add system spec'

Some help would be greatly appreciated by a newcomer. Happy to conform, but would help if you could point the way

According to what I have done, this should have both attached (But I don't think so, and I can't find link to do it)

Tekni2010

Tekni2010

Portal Member
    June 28, 2010
    Mark

Does this work?

I have gone through attach logs routine, after generating log again. I have three, I think the middle one shows problem

I haven't the faintest idea where my equipment spec is, but it is Pentium 4, 2.7 GHz. Win XP Home SP2

Tekni2010

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Mark

Does this work?

I have gone through attach logs routine, after generating log again. I have three, I think the middle one shows problem

I haven't the faintest idea where my equipment spec is, but it is Pentium 4, 2.7 GHz. Win XP Home SP2

Tekni2010

Thank you. Your logs are indeed now attached.

Apologies once again for the sarcasm, but you will notice if you follow the bug report forum that I seem to be asking for logs several times a day.

Welcome to the MediaPortal community. Most of them are more friendly than me ;-)

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

I have tried to reproduce the problem, and for me everything works correctly. The action menu shows correctly when pictures are portrait or landscape.

Which skin are you using?

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

I have tried to reproduce the problem, and for me everything works correctly. The action menu shows correctly when pictures are portrait or landscape.

Which skin are you using?

Mark

Okay, from your logs, you are using Blue3, which is the same as me. I have looked at your middle logs, and there is only 11 seconds from the first entry to quitting MediaPortal. There is no indication in there that you actually entered 'My Pictures'.

Would you be able to clean out all logs, then run MediaPortal Debug-Mode to automatically collect logs, and then reproduce the problem?

Thanks,

Mark

flintstone99

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: 1.1.0 RC5 - Action Menu not visible in Pictures

Hi,

also tested here and works fine, cannot confirm issue, whatever type of picture is selected, action menu works.
    Also works in Cover, list and symbols view -- at least with StreamedMP 1.2

regards
    flintstone

Tekni2010

Portal Member
    June 28, 2010
    Hi Mark,

Blue3wide skin

Had similar problem on V 1.0.2.0, which I fully removed to install 1.1.0 RC5. I also had same result on a DELL laptop (Celeron, XP Home, SP2)

Seems to be a 'priority' setting in the display, with white background coming in front of text, rather than behind, if that is any help

(Incidentally, one facility I really like in 1.1.0 is the ability to turn off EXIF rotation. However, the help files say this is also in 1.0.2.0, but I don't think it is.)

Thanks for your help. Any solution would be welcome.

Tekni2010

Tekni2010

Portal Member
    June 28, 2010
    Tried again

Started in 'debug mode'

Two photos that needed rotating, so rotated with 'right click' menu OK.

After this, on both, 'right click' gave problem of action text coming up for around 1/2 second, then 'washed out' with white

I wonder if it is a problem that only occurs after you have rotated photo in MP?

I think the log is attached.

Tekni2010

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom