100% cpu usage in My Videos and DVD's, locking up mp (1 Viewer)

donmega

Portal Member
November 14, 2005
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: latest
MediaPortal Skin: blue 2
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
DirectX Version: 9.0c
Audio Codec: Tried them all
Video Codec: Tried them all
CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 2500+
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: via kt880a
TV Card Model: phillips
Video Card Model: Geforce FX 5200
Audio Card Model: Generic 7.1
Synopsis::

When I try to play a video that i have stored on the pc or even a dvd using media portal im hitting 100% cpu and the movie skips badly and even locks up media portal.

When I play the same content on an external player like Windows Media Player or Cyberlink Power DVD im getting around 14%-30% cpu usage.

My TV was @ 100% cpu usage also until I turned off drmv9 whatever its called renderer and went to 7.

This didnt fix the problem for the movies and dvd's though and even if it did I thought my video card support dx9?

Also this is NOT a codec problem, I have tried every single one that I have installed, they include the default codecs, nvidia codecs, intervideo, and cyberlink.

thanks in advance

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

hmm, yes your graphics card and CPU should be enough for MP and VMR9. Latest drivers installed? What MP version? (Littlebit guessing here)

Flip.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Are you sure your DirectX is up to date and installed correctly?

I would check out Start/Run/Dxdiag and see what it says.
    Say no to checking for WHQL drivers, that takes ages and isn't necessary.

It will tell you the version of DX that you have (should be 9.0c) and if there are any installation errors.

Hopefully this will fix it, but it's a good place to start in any event.

donmega

Portal Member
    November 14, 2005
    Marcusb said:
    Are you sure your DirectX is up to date and installed correctly?

I would check out Start/Run/Dxdiag and see what it says.
    Say no to checking for WHQL drivers, that takes ages and isn't necessary.

It will tell you the version of DX that you have (should be 9.0c) and if there are any installation errors.

Hopefully this will fix it, but it's a good place to start in any event.

yeah its 9.0c, I also have the latest media portal software as far as I know there hasnt been another release but I dont know the release version off hand.

I just said fuck it and switched to MEEDIO.

It works good so far and im using the 15 day trial for now to test the waters, only thing that sucked was I had to buy a hauppage card which wasnt so bad considering it was on my list of things to buy soon anyway.

Although meedio seems to be more configurable then mediaportal i still miss mediaportal as does my girlfriend :(

Im gonna start a new thread on an idea I have to give mediaportal an upperhand and speed development, Look for it in the Media Portal Talk forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom