1080P@24Hz Mkv is fine but dvdr jumping, xvid pic lagging behind sound (1 Viewer)

slaith

June 6, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi!

TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC3 SVN 10-25-2008
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3
Windows Version: XP service Pack 3
CPU Type: AMD Athlon X64 3000Mhz
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 120GB
Memory: 1GB
Motherboard: MSI K8T Neo
Video Card: Ati Radeon 9250
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: M-Audio
Sound Card AC3: S/PDIF thru Coax
Sound Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV/Nvidia
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA/Nvidia
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
Remote: MCE
TV: Panasonic 42PZ85E
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI->HDMI

I just boght my first HDTV set and thought that finaly i would be able to watch my dvdr and Mkv in really high res.
1920x1080P@24Hz
But I'm havin issues with dvdr and xvid movies.
Mkv:s encoded in 720p are running just fine, as i know that my CPU is not fast enough for 1080P encoded material.
The DVDr:s are running fine with MPV codec but it makes a jump every 3-5 seconds. Like it's trying to catch up with itself.
And the few xvids i have the picture is lagging behind the sound, it fixes itself if i jump 15secs in any direction. But goes out of sync again.
None of these problems occur outside of mediaportal, if i run the dvdr in WinDVD there are no stutters at all. And mediaplayer runs the xvids just fine. And trying different codecs doesn't help in mediaportal, actually the MPV is the only one that is working. The others are just stuttering all over the place.

If I lower the desktop res to 1280x720@60Hz then all is well, absolutely no problems at all!!. But i bought the set for the high resolution, and excellent blacks.

This has to be an issue with media portal, is it due to the so called pull/down??
I tried different codecs and SVN:s updated all the drivers. But so far nothing has been working proberly.
I'm very content with the .MKV files as they are running just fine, but i wish the rest would fall into place then all would be well.

Any thoughts and ideas would be helpful.

Thanks
/Best regards

Patrik

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom