1080p MKV Sync Off Only In MP (1 Viewer)

crazyfool

Portal Pro
October 8, 2008
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
Windows Version: Vista SP1
h.264 Video Codec: MPC Video Decoder (DXVA (VC1 also))
Audio Codec: FFDShow
hey guys,
I have a weird problem I recently bought an ati 5450 which has finally let me watch hd material on my htpc. I've spent the last few days ripping my blu rays to mkv (no re-encoding) and have verfied they are in sync on my main rig. On the htpc they play fine in wmp and they are in sync at 23hz. In mp the refresh rate changer changes the refresh rate to 23hz and the video plays fine but the audio seems to be ahead by quite a bit. I use ffdshow to decode the audio and set a delay of 30ms to match the video delay of my tv. SD stuff is in sync and as wmp plays it back fine it seems to be an mp problem. I know there were many fixes in 1.1.0 RC1 so maybe the issue I'm experiencing was fixed but I couldn't see it in the changelogs. So does anyone have any idea what could cause this? Logs are posted below. Thanks.

crazyfool

Portal Pro
October 8, 2008
Just seen this was a bug and is fixed in rc1. However I'm still going to be using 1.0.2 for a while so I'm just going to be using mpc hc as the external player, thing is I can't work out how to go back to mp once the film has finished without pulling out the mouse and closing mpc hc.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ....add '/close' to the end of the MPC-HC command line ? (see MPC-HC -> Help -> Command line switches).

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom