2 channels diff transponder (1 Viewer)

lar282

Portal Pro
July 11, 2004
Hello
I am trying to understand the limit of recordings and transponders. Is it true that for example if I have one firedtv(DVB-T) and a cam I cannot view and record when the channels are on different transponders?
I always thought that firedtv could do this.

Right now I have one firedtv with cam and one mantis with cam. both set to 2 in cam limit but I cannot view/record on more than 2 transponders. Was this never possible? I am really interested if this is a limit in MP or fysically impossible. How does the settop boxes do it with a hardrive in them

Thanks in advance

//Lasse

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Transponder is basicly a physical frequency. One tuner can tune to one frequency only at the same time. One floppy has only one tuner. So, one floppy can access channel at the same time that are located inside one transponder.

lar282

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2004
    Transponder is basicly a physical frequency. One tuner can tune to one frequency only at the same time. One floppy has only one tuner. So, one floppy can access channel at the same time that are located inside one transponder.

So settopboxes that can record have 2 tuners?

hmm, I guess I have to put a third card in then but I'm out of pci slots, so I guess its usb then.

thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom