MP2 - V2.1 2-disc set: Both discs combined in movie library, but can only view disc 2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digsy

Portal Pro
August 29, 2018
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Country flag
Ah OK!

So the correct folder structure would be:

\DAS BOOT (1981) DISC 1
\VIDEO_TS
\DAS BOOT (1981) DISC 2
\VIDEO_TS

...is that correct?

Digsy

Portal Pro
August 29, 2018
Home Country
Country flag
Ah OK!

So the correct folder structure would be:

\DAS BOOT (1981) DISC 1
\VIDEO_TS
\DAS BOOT (1981) DISC 2
\VIDEO_TS

...is that correct?

@henso

I now have 2.2 pre-release installed and I am still not getting the correct results here. In fact I can only see one DVD "cover" in the library, but now MP doesn't play anything at all when I click it. I have tried re-importing with no success.

Any ideas?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I now have 2.2 pre-release installed and I am still not getting the correct results here. In fact I can only see one DVD "cover" in the library, but now MP doesn't play anything at all when I click it. I have tried re-importing with no success.

Any ideas?
    I know which question will come, so I ask it already now. Do you have the log files after import available? ;)

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Country flag
    I know which question will come, so I ask it already now. Do you have the log files after import available? ;)

LOL :) I'm going to play with it a bit more as I am not sure I have the folder structure right. If I can't fix it I will post up my logs.

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Country flag
    Its working perfectly now with the folder structure in post number 23, but I had to force MP to re-import it by temporarily moving the folders out of my library, letting MP delete them from the DB, and then move them back in, then let MP add them automatically. Using the new MP2.2 "re-import" option did not work in this case.

I now get a menu where I can select whether to play disc 1 or disc 2, and both work fine.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

More info: I just tried removing the whole media source and re-importing all my movies from scratch. This time Downfall imported OK, Dead Snow still has no cover art and now Dark Star (which was fine before) now also has no cover art. Maybe my system hates movies starting with the letter "D"? :) Interestingly, the fan art for all...
    More info: I just tried removing the whole media source and re-importing all my movies from scratch. This time Downfall imported...
    MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.3 Description As first mentioned in this thread: DVD of "Downfall" ("Der Untergang") ripped to...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes, better there.
    Yes, better there.
    NOTE: Original post edited to update on each issue. Hi all, This is my first post on here, having just come from a fairly well...
    Replies
    Views
    I've marked it as "Fixed" since the original crash issue is resolved. It would be intersting to know if the other behavior that you now describe is dependent on the skin. Is it behaving the same way if you use a BlueVision theme, e.g. TitanExtended? @ge2301, can you confirm the behavior? is this a skin problem or something general?
    I've marked it as "Fixed" since the original crash issue is resolved. It would be intersting to know if the other behavior that...
    MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.3 Description Not sure if this is the correct way to submit a report, but I have uncovered a bug in a...
    Replies
    Views
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on the implementation of new features and some fundamental changes in the core of MediaPortal 2. As a result, we proudly present the next major release of MediaPortal 2 in version 2.2. MediaPortal 2.2 is a...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Pre-Release It has been some time since last release, but we were intensively working on...
    Replies
    Views
    MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used it until I switched over from DVB-S to SAT>IP in Spring 2018 where such things are no longer necessary at all.
    MPExtended (Mobil access) for MP2 only for TV access It's available and properly working since beginning of this year... I've used...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2 Final Since the recent release of MediaPortal 2.2pre, we fixed some minor things. We now...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom