2 Ideas: Party Shuffle and Visualization Randomizer (1 Viewer)

fallenturtle

Portal Member
August 9, 2005
Washington, DC Metro Area
I love Media Portal, but the one place it still falls flat in my opinion is in the music department. As much as I hate to have to exit MP to listen to music, I still do because I prefer Winamp's visuals and ease of Shuffle All.

Unless I'm missing a feature somewhere, it seems that to have MP randomly play songs from my whole media collection its a multi-step process to go to playlist, turn on audioscrobbler, tell it to scrobble on random and then push shuffle. It would be nice if a Shuffle All option was in the My Music root menu for when you just want to throw music on.

As for Visualizations, it would be nice if you could randomize visualizations... I'm a big fan of MilkDrop for Winamp and one of the reasons is because it changes a lot... all of the visuals that I can get to work with MP (though they run terribly and at what appears to look like a low resolution but zoomed in to fill the whole screen, despite the fact that visuals run just fine at my desktop resolution in WinAmp) are fairly boring, but if MP could shuffle between different ones, that would be awesome.

Forgive my naiveness, but is it pretty much impossible to get BASS to work with Winamp compatible visualizations? It seems Winamp's collection surpasses all the other collections in shear quantity and selection (though I'm sure the S/N ratio on those visualizations is arguable).

Edit: I see that http://www.un4seen.com/ has some files that can be used to have BASS use Winamp visuals. Unfortunately, I couldn't program myself out of a paper bit.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Forgive my naiveness, but is it pretty much impossible to get BASS to work with Winamp compatible visualizations? It seems Winamp's collection surpasses all the other collections in shear quantity and selection (though I'm sure the S/N ratio on those visualizations is arguable).

Edit: I see that http://www.un4seen.com/ has some files that can be used to have BASS use Winamp visuals. Unfortunately, I couldn't program myself out of a paper bit.

have you also looked at their forum and seen who is talking to them? :D

i was speaking to the BASS guys over the last weeks and they just have released a new version for the Winamp stuff.
    I'm currently testing it and it looks like it may work withín MP, but i still need some time.

Jarritos

Portal Member
    October 11, 2006
    I would have to agree with you here. I also feel as though the music area is lacking but these 2 features that you suggested would really help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom