Codecs 23.976 HZ but it still judders (1 Viewer)

Crix1990

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey,
    after a while, I make my Nvidia ION runs with exactly 23.976 HZ, but movies still judder.
    What can I do?

Attachments

• Drop.jpg
      Drop.jpg
      423.1 KB

Crix1990

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: 23.976 HZ but it still judders

Thanks for the idea.
    I've install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package and tried 55c,

Attachments

• Drop2.jpg
      Drop2.jpg
      348.7 KB

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Crix1990, on the second line, your Act FPS runs at what 23.976 or 23.977 ?

logifuse

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Change decoder to the MS decoder (which splitter are you using, LAV or Haali?) & change your audio renderer from default to a specific one & try that. The MS audio decoder might be a problem too.

Crix1990

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've changed to MS + LAV, some times ago and it works much better. But not perfect.
    Will change my hardware now (also to get DTS-HD and 1080i playback).

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Could be several things:

1) Your TV accepts 23.976p input but doesn't natively support it, so it's internally converting to 60i.
    2) Your setup (hardware/decoder) cannot handle smooth 1080p23.976 playback.
    3) It's actually fine and what you're perceiving as "judder" is actually just what 23.976/24 fps playback looks like. It's not as smooth or "life-like" as TV (50i/60i). Are you sure that the problem is proper judder, i.e. that different frames are on the screen for different amounts of time?

Crix1990

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your answers.
    1) Yes, it supports 23.976p natively
    2) I think, that is the Problem.
    3) No, I see real drops.

AndrePrins

Portal Member
    February 21, 2012
    Almere-Stad, Flevoland, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm really wondering why everything in video world is so difficult :( I also have issues with playing hd movies in 23.976. I have my htpc with an asus eah5450 graphic card connected via hdmi to my onkyo 609. The receiver can not be set to 23hz, only 24, so even when I set Mediaportal to 23hz the receiver is still sending out in 24hz, gggggrrrr. I finally have a full hd TV and now I have this problem. Tomorrow I'm going to test it with hdmi directly in my TV and use spdif for audio. No dts-hd en truehd then, but I can live with that. Why can't everything be exactly 24? Who invented 23.976 to make it hard for us :(

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In Catalyst Control Center you should be able to set 23Hz which means 23,976 and 24Hz which means 24. I had never problems.. just smooth playback.

PS: My HTPC is also connected to an AV-Receiver (Denon) via HDMI.

Users who are viewing this thread