[Videos] 3D support (1 Viewer)

JvdMeer

Portal Member
May 18, 2008
Hi,

It would be nice to have 3D side by side support build into Mediaportal, is this a something that will be implemented in Plex in next release or addon?
Did also check XBMC and Plex and there also this add-on is not available and as I read not even created soon.

At this moment I have Xtreamer Prodigy with full 3D support but mis the nice things what Plex having(Movie end TV scraper).
So bought last week the "ASRock Nettop Vision 3D 137B 370M" and did install Plex and XBMC and found out no one had 3D working.
As my model cost about 600 euro I want to have all working nice.

But at this moment 3D is not supported, so did send "ASRock Nettop Vision 3D 137B 370M" back to shop.
Will wait until one of the media center software supporting this, until that time I use my * Xtreamer Prodigy.

At this moment there are some 3D media centers that supporting 3D, all arwe working with android.

* Xtreamer Prodigy
* TizzBird F30
* IconBIT XDS73D
* IconBIT XDS1003D

So hope soon someone will have a look at this and create a addon for this I hope.

* Subtitle in 3D support.
* Short menu when movie start with SBS and other formats(with files that have included SBS etc...).
* Send trigger to tv to start 3D, when movie stooping also 3D stops.

Also is it possible to create a topic about 3D, just to talk about this as more and more getting 3D tv's.

Regards,
Jelte

craigbeat

Portal Member
May 15, 2007
Rather than just support for 3d videos (I can already handle this with my current set up), it would be good if the actual UI could support side-by-side 3D, so if a video is playing, or the TV is in 3D mode, all OSD would be correct.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    at least subtitles can be used:

1. download 3Dsubtitler (freeware)
    2. take an .srt subtitle file, load it in 3Dsubtitler, set up your likings and convert it to sbs compatible idx/sub file
    3. play it with MePo :)

with this method you create sbs-compatible .png subtitle pictures on each side of the frame symmetrically.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Rather than just support for 3d videos (I can already handle this with my current set up), it would be good if the actual UI could support side-by-side 3D, so if a video is playing, or the TV is in 3D mode, all OSD would be correct.

Agree, maybe this is more simple to do for a developer? If you set the tv to side-by-side it works great but family en friends get a headache of the GUI, when switching back. Would be nice if there is some sort of solution for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom