Yes, remove my one please

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, marked the old site "4oD" as broken (will remove in a few days) and Jason added the new 4oD Web - find it in the sitemanager.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Channel 4 does load some thumbnails but its not working properly and the links it does find are years old.. Probably able to remove also if 4oD web is working ok now.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    A couple of questions regarding the 4oD Web channel.. When launched, I see some missing categories.. for instance, on the web there is 'Film 4' channel which has some movies but it doesn't show in the listing in Online Vids. Also if you navigate to 'All Channels' and then 'Film' in online videos, there is only 1 entry in the list. If you do this same navigation on the website there is many many more entries.
    Is this a limitation of the OV site or maybe something that could be added as an enhancement?

One other quick thing, is the menu bar at the bottom of the screen (play pause controls and progress bar of the video player) supposed to auto minimize because it doesn't seem to for me?

Thanks for getting the site back working again!!

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Film4 was working until recently, they've probably changed something on their site - I'll take a look later in the week and supply a fix.

I've had a lot of trouble trying to get the full screen working reliably (flash has been the real problem), anyway I haven't yet found a way of reliably removing the buttons and making it full screen. I'm not sure when I'll get to look at this to be honest, but I'll bear it in mind when I get some time to dig deeper.

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I've taken a closer look at Film4 and it turns out that you have to pay to play movies for that site (not sure why I thought they were loading before).

The videos in the categories in 4oD web do seem to match the 4oD website, if you have any more examples where they differ let me know and I'll see what I can do.

p.s. I've just released an updated version, which fixes the category images

Last edited:

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys,

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but I have jut upgraded to MP 1.6 and upgraded OV to suit.

I have started to use 4OD Web but cannot get anything to play. All the categories and thumbnails load but when I select a thumbnail I get a momentary, full screen view of the PC's desktop, and then the OV screen re-appears showing the thumbnails. No error boxes pop up.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Ah! That explains it. Thanks Ministerk for the quick response. I will upgrade to 1.7 in the near future and then try again.

Knobby

Portal Pro
    February 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Sorry for the dumb question, but can someone explain how to add 4OD Web to OV please? I can't seem to find it in the site manager.

Thanks

Edit: I found it!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread