4od ITV Catchup BBC iPlayer etc? (1 Viewer)

safcsat

Portal Pro
March 1, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Just seen this plugin for Windows MCE - and was wondering if anyone was clever enough to make something similar for MediaPortal??

TunerFree MCE

It intergrated ITV Catchup, BBC iPlayer, Channel 4 on demand and Channel 5 on demand into one funky looking media centre plugin.

Anything similar for MediaPortal??

EViS

Portal Pro
September 30, 2006
Home Country
What a fantastic plugin! Would be great if some clever chap could come up with a MP version of this :).

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Looks like its open source so it's feasible someone could do a port to media portal.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Would be another great addition to MP

With this (if some talented person was to pick this up and run with it), MediaStream skin, Moving Pictures, MediaPortal 1.0, Psycho Reptile back - there's some really excellent developments going on at the moment!

safcsat

Portal Pro
    March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Would be another great addition to MP

With this (if some talented person was to pick this up and run with it), MediaStream skin, Moving Pictures, MediaPortal 1.0, Psycho Reptile back - there's some really excellent developments going on at the moment!

Exactly!

Getting better and better all the time, the ability to view this sorta stuff without having to minimize MP would be great!

In an ideal world I just want to keep MP front-end running all the time, always on top - to control everything.

Getting closer each day though :)

Who is gonna take the challenge...any volunteers?! :eek::cool:

dabotsonline

Portal Member
    January 3, 2008
    I've e-mailed the author of TunerFree MCE, Martin, to inform him of this proposal, and also to let him know that much of ITV's content is available in Brightcove streamable Flash format from STV's website: stv.tv Video | Home (I got the tip-off for this from the website of the "Caught Up" Firefox Add-On: Improve ITV Player Catch Up — Caught Up Firefox Add-on ).

(BTW, as far as I can see, Brightcove content is streamable only in Flash format, through the embedded player or through partners' websites: Brightcove Online Video Platform | Online Video Publishing and Brightcove Online Video Platform | Online Video Distribution . I've tried using Safari's Activity window and Firefox's Live HTTP Headers add-on to locate the raw FLV file but have been unsuccessful - the links seem to be somehow obfuscated.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom