4TR and Increasing TVGuide Row size (1 Viewer)

g0rsq

Portal Member
August 18, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi

Is there any chance of updating the 4TR screens to take advantage of the latest improvements, notably increasing the number of channels in the TV guide?

I am stuck with 9, and would love 12.

Thanks

peter

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
Re: Streamed MP v1.4.0 Stable [10 Oct 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0\1.1.1]

Hi

Is there any chance of updating the 4TR screens to take advantage of the latest improvements, notably increasing the number of channels in the TV guide?

I am stuck with 9, and would love 12.

Thanks

peter

Hi Peter,

The issue was a bug in the 4tr code that restricted the number of rows to 10, I have just fixed this and let dvdfreak know, also asked if ok to release a binary patch to 1.5.0.2 if there is a not a 4tr release planned.

If I get the nod will post the binary and altered skin files for testing tomorrow.

Cheers

g0rsq

Portal Member
August 18, 2010
Home Country

Trevor

:D that is great news.

Your work is greatly appreciated.

Regards

peter

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country

Trevor

:D that is great news.

Your work is greatly appreciated.

Regards

peter

Peter,

As promised attached is a zip with the updated 1.5.0.2 ForTheRecord.UI.MediaPortal.dll that need to be copied to plugins/Windows - please backup you curent version in case there are issues.

The zip also contains an updated 4TR_TvGuide.xml and needs to be copied to your StreamedMP skin directory, please also make a backup of this.

I have also included the 4 import files to fine 8, 10, 12 or 16 line guides - if you are on the latest patch you will already have these files but included them to be safe.

The 4TR_TvGuide.xml is configured for 16 rows, to change to a differnet setting you will need to manually edit this file.

Look for the line

<import tag="TVGuideChannelTemplate">mytvguide.common.16rows.channeltemplate.xml</import>

and change to then number of rows required, 8, 10, 12 or 16.

Now we have a soloution we can also amend the 4tr screens the way we do for the default guide.

Please let me know if it works ok and if issues please include any logs.

EDIT: Attachments removed as new 4TR released.

Thanks

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Config plugin updated in streamedmp so can change tvguide size from GUI. This will be available in next patch and will obviously only work if the latest 4TR is installed.

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nice.

Remember to also change the backdrop image in the TV Guide! In your latest xml's it was still hover_my tv series.png
    Please change it to hover_my tv.png

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Only installed 4TR for the first time today, just going through the configuration part of it now...once done will do the rounds on the xmls.

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ahuh! i tried changing this yesterday from the GUI but didnt work ;) Thanks for looking into it.

Users who are viewing this thread