[Music] 5012: Start current music track from the beginning (1 Viewer)

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    :)
    It's not only with Apple, but also with SONY Hi-Fi systems and common car radios like BMW and VW.

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    @catavolt, you liked both opinions: :)
    • restart the current track with the Skip Backwards button if the current song is played for more than x seconds
    • always jump to the previous song with the Skip Backwards button

Which one do you prefer?

Last edited:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Lanzarote
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I think it should be:
    restart the current track with the Skip Backwards button if the current song is played for less than x seconds
    What my Panasonic does is: click skip back once -> restart current track; click skip back twice -> start previous track ;)

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Please double-check. What does your Panasonic if the current track is played for more than x seconds and you press Skip Back?

Last edited:

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Your description relates to a playtime of less than x seconds. But what happens if the song is played for more than x (e. g. 30) seconds and you press Skip Back? Is it the same as on less than x seconds - independent from the track progress?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Done: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/start-current-music-track-from-the-beginning.139882
    Done: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/start-current-music-track-from-the-beginning.139882
    When a track is played and the skip backward key is pressed, MediaPortal plays the previous music track on the playlist. Is it...
    Replies
    Views
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    Replies
    Views
    i did this change, i hope it's OK MP1-5039: Update SharpLibHID to 1.4.4 & SharpLibWin32 to 0.2.2 + Fix … · MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1@48551bb
    i did this change, i hope it's OK MP1-5039: Update SharpLibHID to 1.4.4 & SharpLibWin32 to 0.2.2 + Fix … ·...
    Dear experts, :) I use a remote control for common playback actions (play/pause, next track, previous track). It works fine but...
    Replies
    Views
    ok, will do... back in a few.
    ok, will do... back in a few.
    I'm not sure where to put this because I don't know if it is a problem with MP due to the MusicBrainz feature or with the One...
    Replies
    Views
    Skip forward/backword works well for me in 2.3 with the WMC skin using the mouse. I can also FF at X2. All I'm missing is the ability to speed up replay with sound!
    Skip forward/backword works well for me in 2.3 with the WMC skin using the mouse. I can also FF at X2. All I'm missing is the...
    Sorry to ask a question again that I can see has been asked before, but I just cannot find an answer and so many of thew wiki links...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom