[6.0.3] Trakt for MediaPortal [2020-01-01] (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Or I could create a library view in trakt and then you have everything you need for movies and shows in one place, lol.

But yes, skinners could create a button on basichome in tvseries menus to take you to a view which has more to display or tvseries could be hook into trakt to load the view from its menus etc.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How is it planed ? Is there a group Menu for basichome like actual the facadeview for popular Show/movies ? That I can start the next Episode directly from basichome ?

Maybe we can have a vertical scroll group to ?

And one other Quest, for this popular Shows / movies on basic home, is there a way to put this in a scroll list vertical ? So my idea in the middle of basic home there is a Frame in this Frame there are in big only one popular Show or movie with Poster,fanart and Plot, when go to it then i can go ondown for the next one and go onup for previurs one ?

And maybe there is a way then I see the frame with popular Show, he changed automaticly to the next one after a set time ? Is this doable ?

EDIT::

Or can we get this similar then lmh, with #shows.on.desk.[1,2,3,4].fanart
    #shows.on.desk.[1,2,3,4].seriesname
    #shows.on.desk.[1,2,3,4].episodename

and so on ? This where great for having vertical List instead of horizontal.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just saw this news from trakt.tv:

API images will be removed on October 31, 2016.

Hey guys,

TLDR; Images will no longer be served from the API starting October 31, 2016 due to greatly increased hosting costs. All other API functions will remain the same.

We regret that it has come to this, but starting October 31, 2016, we will no longer be able to serve images from our API. Our CDN has been amazing for the past 5 years, but as we’ve grown in popularity, the amount of traffic we’ve been pushing through them has gotten to the point that we are costing them an arm and a leg.

The nitty gritty details.
    Monthly traffic: 1 petabyte (85%+ images)
    CDN projected cost: $15,000–20,000/mo
    Trakt currently paying: $25/mo

The three of us have been working on a way to keep the Trakt API and website running long into the future. The answer is to reduce the 850 terabytes of image traffic we are pushing out of the API each month. We will continue to serve every other aspect of our API and website the same way.

The API still provides all this and more!
    - Real time scrobbling, manual checkins, and synced playback progress.
    - Syncing your watched history, collections, and ratings to use Trakt as a cloud backup and sync between devices.
    - Watchlists and custom lists that you can use for anything.
    - Personalized and global calendars.
    - Commenting, reviews and building your social graph.
    - TV show and movie metadata.
    - Content discovery and advanced searching.

Transitioning.
    The transition to other image resources should be smooth since Trakt provides IDs for services like TMDB, TVDB, Fanart.tv, and OMDB. All of these services have APIs which provide images. We wrote an article to help with this at https://apiblog.trakt.tv/how-to-find-the-best-images-516045bcc3b6.

All three of us are sad this has to happen, but unfortunately it must in order to keep the servers up and running. Removing images provides long term stability for the Trakt API and website.

If you have any questions, please let us know. We're here to help.

Thank you — 
    Justin, Sean & Jimmy

This really sux, im going to have to now get images from external sources. No rest for the wicked!

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

Can I put this on home screen ?

#Trakt.TrendingMovies.Fanart.1

Or is there another way I can become a list with trending movies in vertical scroll list ?
    Something like facad view only in vertical. I have Test some things with facad ListView but I can't get it done.

Or is there a way you can give 2-3 more Codes like this.

#Trakt.TrendingMovies.Fanart.3
    #Trakt.TrendingMovies.Fanart.4
    #Trakt.TrendingMovies.Fanart.5

The same with trending Shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom