[6.0.3] Trakt for MediaPortal [2020-01-01] (2 Viewers)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you want fanart displayed on the dashboard for the selected trending item then use:
    #Trakt.Movie.{0}.FanartImageFilename
    #Trakt.Show.{0}.FanartImageFilename

I dont provide background swapping controls on the dashboard like in all the other windows so if you use properties you should know its not going to load in the background.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't want only Backround i will have 4 or 5 trending movies with short Info, Cover, backdrop. Like tile style

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have updated the plugin in preparation for the 31st Oct where images will be removed from the trakt API.

I have gone with themoviedb.org as the provider of all images (show, season, episode, movie and people), I could add other providers down the track but I feel its best to keep things as simple as possible and less dependent on other sites, after all this plugin is about trakt.tv.

I added localised support, so you will be able to enter the configuration and select your preferred language, it defaults to English. It will fallback to English if no image is found in your preferred language.

Another bonus added is for episode screenshots (including calendar), I will not request images when the air date is greater than today, this is cool to prevent spoilers and also less likely to get request errors from tmdb because the reference does not exist. Instead, I use the tv shows thumb with logo if it exists.

All requests I make to themoviedb.org are cached, so if you enter the plugin and that image has already been requested it will reload the response locally and find the correct artwork on disk. I have made the cache configurable, although haven't exposed it anywhere, you will need to manually change it MediaPortal.xml.

Artwork also comes in difference sizes, I made it configurable but not exposed it in the GUI because the skin assumes certain sizes e.g. the rating, library, watchlist and seen overlays are positioned basis co-ordinates defined in the skin settings when creating the new images in memory. Im going to try put some code in place which detects the old dimensions used in each skins settings file and convert to ones which are compatible. Hopefully skinners will not need to do anything, but if you do notice the overlay icons in the wrong position or not correct size its definitely because the image size is different, so be warned if you decide to manually change the preferred image widths I pull down.

When you first upgrade to the new release, I delete all the existing artwork previously downloaded. So if you want to keep that for any reason, I suggest you start making a backup now.

I will try get a test build out tomorrow before I release.

On an unrelated note, but related to the release. I added something quickly to prevent my children jumping to tv shows and movingpictures from trakt windows when the movie was a certain MPAA rating. Technically movingpictures should not allow the movie details window or movie playback if not permitted by its parental control filter. Trakt was able to workaround that feature, so I added its own parental control feature. Skins can add the same pin code dialog as TVS/MovPics but with a different ID (see included Titan skin for reference).

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The data from all the shows still comes from trakt API, this means where ever it gets the data for shows. This could be thetvdb.com or themoviedb.org or a bit of both.

The only changes to the plugin is with respect to the images.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yes the thetvdb.com is more complete but I cant get movie images from there. As I said I could create other image providers but just keeping it simple for the purposes of this plugin.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Maybe im doing something wrong.
    It not fallbak, It include :( - First, finding the backdrops and posters in a users specified language but also to grab all of the images that haven't been tagged with a language yet...
    Try
    https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/...language=de&include_image_language=de,en,null
    Or:
    https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/343611/images?api_key=API_KEY&language=de,en,null
    But: https://developers.themoviedb.org/3/getting-started/image-languages
    poster_path: The poster_path will query the language you specify first and default back to 'en' if one is not found. In the event that an 'en' poster isn't present, we will simply try to grab the highest rated. It's important ot note that even though our language query parameter supports regional lookups, these regional variants are not supported for images at this time. This will be getting added at a later date.
    backdrop_path: Since 99% of backdrops don't contain a language, the default lookup for a backdrop is to simply query for the highest rated backdrop that belongs to the given entry.
    still_path: Like backdrops, TV episode images don't inherently have languages. We query for the highest rated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom