[6.0.3] Trakt for MediaPortal [2020-01-01] (6 Viewers)

Dr Tone

Portal Pro
October 29, 2008
Calgary, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
I have had 100s of episodes of crap show up in my library on the trakt website. Some communication with @trakt on twitter and their response is to blame the mediaportal plugin. I've never moved to the new plugin, still running the last v1 api version that gives me a login error. I'm too scared to upgrade to the new plugin until the back end is straightened out.

All the crap in my collection is dated Feb 12, 2014 12:21AM. Anyone else seeing this exact date or have extra crap in their online profile?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Trust me it isn't the plugins fault. They are importing episodes from tvdb but not import user data at the same time, this might force the plugin to sync stuff because it thinks trakt has not got it. That's exactly what the plugin is suppose to do. It could also be an issue with their script importing unwanted data at wrong dates. I have seen reports on multiple mediacentres.

You can turn off library sync for a period of time but I have doubts they will get it perfect and you will probably have to manual clean up stuff if you don't want it. If I read correctly the user data import is on going and might be a few days,

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Maybe in a week you can post your username on Twitter for them to clean your library and get them to reimport. Anything else watched, collected or rated since the beginning of the month can be synced by plugin when you next connect.

SpinyNorman

Portal Member
    March 2, 2013
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Trust me it isn't the plugins fault. They are importing episodes from tvdb but not import user data at the same time, this might force the plugin to sync stuff because it thinks trakt has not got it. That's exactly what the plugin is suppose to do. It could also be an issue with their script importing unwanted data at wrong dates. I have seen reports on multiple mediacentres.

You can turn off library sync for a period of time but I have doubts they will get it perfect and you will probably have to manual clean up stuff if you don't want it. If I read correctly the user data import is on going and might be a few days,
    Yeah, something "weird" is definitely going on. I just had an episode of Futurama show up as unwatched - an episode I watched... perhaps 2 years ago?

Ah, checking up on it reveals why... apparently they (trakt) no longer have that particular episode (S02E20) listed, while TVDB still does. Oh dear.
    Well, AFAIK, there's "always" been some differing opinions on how Futuramas episodes were bundled, but still... clearly trakt isn't using TVDB's data for this series at the moment.

If nothing else, I hope the dear people at trakt have learned something from this.

I won't pretend to be an expert on these matters, but why on earth wouldn't they import/move user data to the new system, and THEN launch it. Or did they do it, but just poorly? I'm staggered at the amount of problems this 2.0 update has caused - and how long it's taking them to fix it.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    They did do the import before launch but they did it based on tmdb initially, obviously a bad plan. A few app developers and VIPs mentioned our concerns before launch...anyway, episode data will now be taken from tvdb and images, actors and show/season level data will be taken from tmdb. I'm not sure what the current state of Futurama is but maybe it just needs a refresh, either manually by a VIP user or by the auto daily refresh ( not sure if that is switched on yet ).

SpinyNorman

Portal Member
    March 2, 2013
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    They did do the import before launch but they did it based on tmdb initially, obviously a bad plan. A few app developers and VIPs mentioned our concerns before launch...anyway, episode data will now be taken from tvdb and images, actors and show/season level data will be taken from tmdb. I'm not sure what the current state of Futurama is but maybe it just needs a refresh, either manually by a VIP user or by the auto daily refresh ( not sure if that is switched on yet ).
    Ah ok, that makes sense... not importing from tmdb before launch, but the explanation ;)
    I'm having the same problem with Mythbusters - 23 episodes that trakt doesn't recognize. When the tvdb import is done, I'm guessing that will fix itself also :)

Too bad we´re spoiling your well deserved holidays - pls accept my apologies in the name of all users here ;)
    Also, this.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    New release available v5.0.4:

Change Log
    * Fixed a crash that could occur after watching an episode or movie from your favourte plugins.
    * Fixed syncing of movie ratings from online into MovingPictures.
    * Updated translations from Transifex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom