[6.0.3] Trakt for MediaPortal [2020-01-01] (3 Viewers)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you're not following trakt on twitter or the support forums here is an update on what they're doing:

Things we working on right now:
    • Facebook and twitter sharing from checkins and scrobbles
    • Mark as previously watched
    • Mark as previously collected + metadata
    • Add and edit custom lists
    • Remove individual plays from your history
    • Hide shows from your calendar
    • Hide shows and seasons from your progress page
    • Additional calendar views
    • More sorting options on your various profile sections
    • Widgets
    • Actors pages
    • Official lists
    • View all comments for a movie, show, season, or episode
    • Write comments
    • Recommendations (need to wait for the v1 reimport to finish)
    --------------------------------------------------

January 7, 2015
    • Rate movies, shows, season, and episodes from their summary pages
    • Fixed timezone issue where it was jumping a day ahead incorrectly
    • Hide dashboard inbox if empty
    • Mobile movie and show summary pages updated
    January 6, 2015
    • Additional calendar pages for series and season premieres
    January 5, 2015
    • Re-importing of v1 data started which will restore missing history for some members
    January 3, 2015
    • Checkins can be cancelled from your dashboard or profile
    • Only need to way 75% to check in to another item
    • Episode screenshots used on the profile and sections with episode only info
    • Mobile dashboard style updates
    • History section updated with movies and shows sortable by most plays and time watched
    January 2, 2015
    • Quick ratings from any grid view (click the heart)
    December 31, 2014
    • New calendar design including weekly navigation and a better layout
    • Timezone setting which applies to the calendar and dashboard
    • Tooltips added to quick icons
    • Loading screen between pages
    • Auto remember your sign in info
    • Refreshing TV show data using TVDB episode info
    December 29, 2014
    • Trakt.tv 2.0 launched
    • Performance and server updates

http://support.trakt.tv/knowledgebase/articles/483754-website-changelog

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    New release available v5.0.5:

• Request for 1000 items in Comments GUI for shows, movies and episodes. New API only returns 10 items per page by default. Later I will add support to sort by most popular comments which will require a larger set of items to be useful.
    • Fixes and improvements to Titan skin:
      • Fixed ratings in the Episodes GUI. It was showing TV-Show ratings for every episode.
      • Fixed SpinButton position in Comments GUI.
      • Fixed 'comment' height in Comments GUI.
      • Fixed list description height in Lists GUI.
      • Pretty formatting for 'vote' count where ratings are displayed.
      • Added 'Watchers' label to Trending Shows and Movies GUI (List and Icon layouts).
      • Added some missing images needed in various GUI windows.
    • Fixed missing 'Titan Skin' entry in MPEI installer where features are selected for install. User can now choose not to install it.
    • Fixed a bug where an error would be shown after returning back to the Calendar GUI.
    • Improved syncing from Movie plugins where IMDb was an empty string in a users local database, will be sent as null now.
    • Added error checking and logging when password fails to decrypt from persisted settings.
    • Updated minimum requirements for MovingPictures to v1.7.0.
    • Updated minimum requirements for My Films to v6.1.1.3136 (Test DLL).
    • Updated translations from Transifex.

SpinyNorman

Portal Member
    March 2, 2013
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    This probably isn't due to any fault of the plugin, but at the moment I cannot log in to trakt through it... it just says "Failed to login to trakt.tv, check username and password in settings" - I have and they are both correct. On my main PC I'm logged in to the website with no (apparent) problems.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This probably isn't due to any fault of the plugin, but at the moment I cannot log in to trakt through it... it just says "Failed to login to trakt.tv, check username and password in settings" - I have and they are both correct. On my main PC I'm logged in to the website with no (apparent) problems.
    There are a lot of reports currently with 502 Gateway issues...it's probably just that.

I will need to make a note to improve notification of these types of issues.

SpinyNorman

Portal Member
    March 2, 2013
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    There are a lot of reports currently with 502 Gateway issues...it's probably just that.

I will need to make a note to improve notification of these types of issues.
    Thanks, and yeah, that would probably explain it :)

Would be a nice addition actually - for a while, I thought I was entering it wrong :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    New release available v5.0.6:
    • Fixed compatibility with WIFI Remote plugin, resolves a crash at end of episode/movie playback when auto-rate was enabled or when invoked manually.
    • Fixed issue seen by some users when decrypting trakt password resulting in login failure. Requires password to be re-entered by user on next sign-in attempt.
    • Added error notification when failing to load the UserProfile GUI due to bad response for UserProfile and/or Statistics.
    • Improve Episode Watchlist loading in GUI after removing an item.
    • Updated translations from Transifex.
    Note: you will need to re-enter your password in GUI when prompted or from Configuration. This should hopefully be the last time!

For people that copy their MediaPortal.xml across to different machines in the house or for people that use a common file shared across multiple computers, you will need to edit a special setting in MediaPortal.xml to turn off keying against the machine name otherwise authentication will fail when decrypting the password. This should represent very few users as MediaPortal was not designed to shared this file anyway.

Code:
    <entry name="UseCompNameOnPassKey">no</entry>

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Some of you that use the Trakt GUI may have noticed that the Network Activity is not available i.e. your friends recent activities. Since there is no ETA for it to be back on the API, I was thinking of maybe exposing the users Calendar so you can fill the gap. It could just be the current day (or the next day which has episodes) using nice thumbnail banners / thumb fanart etc.

When the Network Activity is back again, I could also have a button which toggles between the two. Anyway, it's just a thought as I think its better than blank space.

Attachments

• NetworkOnDashboard.jpg
      NetworkOnDashboard.jpg
      393.8 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Guys if you're experiencing login issues right now its unlikely to do with the plugin as mentioned by fix in release notes for 5.0.6. It appears to be a server issue right now and affects other API methods as well.

Any missed scrobbles (with correct timestamp for supported plugins) will be synced to trakt when servers are stable.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Still no update on Twitter or Support Forums with respect to server issues, will keep you posted when I see something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom