[6.0.3] Trakt for MediaPortal [2020-01-01] (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    In my case its better now.
    No login issue for two days and two clients got synced evertime
    Thanks for reporting.

Apparently there was a lot of 502 issues yesterday which was reported, its been fixed but they still are looking into why it's occurring.

They have also added more optimisations with caching which has also probably helped recently.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    In case you haven't been following the website change log and want to see progress of v2 website, here is an update of recent changes from last time:

Obviously not as functionally rich as v1 was, but its getting there slowly but surely.

http://support.trakt.tv/knowledgebase/articles/483754-website-changelog

January 27, 2015
    • Hide shows from your calendar you don't want to show up anymore. Also hides from the VIP iCal feed.
    • Fixed dashboard minutes watched so it refreshes properly
    • Improved page for listing your Trakt API apps
    • Fixed TV show refresh bug for shows with only 1 episode
    • Several API and server updates (thus the gap in web updates)
    January 21, 2015
    • Updated iPad styles for the dashboard
    • Fixed checkins so they correctly set the end date
    January 20, 2015
    • Remove individual plays from your history page
    • Confirmation popup when removing watched and collection items (quick icons and summary page icons)
    • Official website links added to movie and show summaries (if available)
    • Fanart.tv links added to movie and show summaries
    • Date breaks added to history page
    • Fixed profile last watched box for episodes with show and episode info
    • Improved styling of success and failure messages
    • Updated user menu in the top right (desktop)
    • Click to hide the loading screen if you want to remove it quicker
    • Fixed iPad portrait styles for movies and shows
    January 16, 2015
    • Fixed dashboard chart so the dates increase
    • Fixed facebook sharing for watched (scrobble)
    January 15, 2015
    • Optimized the browser TV show caching and added a loading message to the bottom of the screen when it's updating.
    • Adding shows and movies to your watchlist will now correctly show up on the calendar.
    • Updated the progress page styles and images, also better on mobile and tablets.
    • User profile header updated with sub pages having a smaller header, also better on mobile.
    January 13, 2015
    • Choose a specific date you watch a movie or episode. On the watched button, click the icon on the right side and specify the exact date and time you watched it. You can also use this to add multiple past viewings.
    • Fixed mobile header and user profile nav
    January 10, 2015
    • Fixed some log out issues with the website
    • Mobile main menu and user menu design
    • Mobile TV, Movies, and Calendar pages look much better

Last edited:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It's definitely improving! The calendar is useful again, now I can hide the shows I don't need :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    New release available v5.1.0, change log below:

Change Log:
    • Added Playback / Resume Sync, this is enabled by default and will automatically occur when starting MediaPortal or when Resuming from Standby.
      • Added option to enable/disable in Configuration and GUI.
      • Added option to configure how far back you want to resume from when you previously left off e.g. 5 secs.
      • Added option to configure if playback sync should occur when entering an enabled plugin from the GUI e.g. BasicHome -> MP-TVSeries
      • Supported on MP-TVSeries, MovingPictures and My Videos. My Films is not supported yet and requires a change on My Films first.
    • Added option to do a manual Library and Playback Sync from Configuration and from GUI.
    • Fixed an issue where some items were marked as 'Unwatched' in local databases.
    • Fixed and improved error reporting in GUI and log.
    • Fixed minor issue with Page Count label in Titan's Network GUI.
    • Updated Titan skin with new features:
      • Added 'Enable Playback/Resume Sync' checkbutton to General Settings.
      • Added 'Start Library and Playback Sync' button to General Settings.
    • Updated 'Library Sync' on Resume from Standby to respect sync delay setting if sync is due.
    • Updated translations from Transifex.
    Note: some skin changes are needed for the above settings to be configured from the GUI. See Skin Designers Guide for more information or Titan skin for reference.

What is Playback / Resume Sync ?
    The Trakt plugin will now sync up resume times of any partially watched video you have started to watch on any device or computer e.g. A video started on the bus or train on the way home can easily be resumed where you left off when you get home. As long as your device supports trakt v2 API anything you watched anywhere can be synced back up by the plugin.

By default the plugin will automatically sync your resume times for selected plugins when MediaPortal first starts up and when the system resumes from Standby. This would be the most common use case as the machine will probably already be switched off before watching at home. There is also an option to enable sync when you enter the enabled plugin e.g. you select TVSeries from the home screen or finished watching a program. This would be more for people that leave their system running, by default this is turned off.

Since you probably don't want it to skip to the exact same position where you left off, I have added an option to apply a delta (5 seconds by default) to the resume time. Going back a little will refresh your memory but you can tweak this setting to your liking or set it to 0 to disable it.

In the future, I may add a setting to automatically play the last known video stopped or prompt you with a menu of the last 10 partially watched videos so you can easily select when you turn on your system.

Resume sync will fail on items where the duration is unknown, you will see a log entry for this. This would typically occur if MediaInfo for your item failed when scanning into your local database or if you have turned MediaInfo scanning off. It's also out of the plugin's control if the server is offline or experiencing issues during sync.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I just fixed a reported issue where a crash would occur after a movie is watched from OnlineVideos (tvseries would be okay). I will make a release again this week with that fix.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Ie Now in the plugin MPSync can be disabled synchronization viewed films and TV series? Or it is too early?
    When work 3 HTPC, and on one of them to see the movie. How quickly Viewed status, gets on others HTPC?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    When using 3 HTPC's, if you see a movie on one of them, how quickly will the resume state be applied to my other HTPC's?

As mentioned already, resume sync is done as soon as you turn on your computer or if you resume from standby. So if you were to finish partially watching on one HTPC and then turn on your other one it will sync immediately.

There is no setting at the moment which will do a periodic sync of resume data, I thought of adding one but decided to add it later depending on demand. There is another setting "Sync on Enter Plugin" which mean's when ever you entered an enabled plugin e.g. My Videos, MP-TVSeries etc it will start a sync of resume data. Consider this scenario:
    1. Bedroom computer is already turned on and on Home Screen.
    2. Kitchen computer stops video playback, percent watched is sent to trakt.tv.
    3. You then enter My Videos from the home screen on the Bedroom computer.
    4. Sync will occur if setting is enabled.
    5. Press play on video and resume where you left off in the Kitchen.

So you will typically only need the Sync On Enter Plugin functionality enabled if you always have all computers on, this would also apply if I add a setting to do a periodic sync.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    New release v5.1.1 is now available:

Change Log
    • Improved speed when syncing with the TVSeries plugin. There is still some improvements to make but for large collections / slower CPUs it's going to be a dramatic improvement.
    • Improved speed when syncing Playback/Resume data. Will only process newly paused items since last sync.
    • Fixed a crash after watching a movie from a supported SiteUtil in OnlineVideos.
    • Fixed Sync of TV Show ratings not respecting Ignored Shows set by user.
    • Fixed Play Sync not respecting Ignored Shows / Movies by user.
    • Fixed issue where movie / episode was marked as watched online after stopping near the end of the video but not considered watched in the local database. It now respects the local percent watched setting and sends a 'Pause' signal to trakt. Possible symptom to this is having two or more scrobbles of the same item if you stopped and played again near the end.
    • Fixed issue with Play Sync reverting the stop time of a video to a previous set value if played / stopped several times and 'Sync on Enter Plugin' was enabled.
    • Added Shortcut to desktop to quickly launch the Trakt plugin configuration.
    • Added PDB file to installer such that more useful debugging information can be seen in logs if an unexpected crash occurs.
    • Changed default number of items to request in the Trending Dashboard screens to a maximum of 10 items unless the skin needs more. If filtering is enabled then it defaults to 100.
    • Changed default number of items to request in the Trending GUI windows to 100 items per page (from 1000). This can be changed in Advanced Settings to suit needs. Note: Paging support is not yet implemented.
    • Updated URL used for API to point to a dedicated v2 endpoint 'api-v2launch.trakt.tv'. This will allow for future improvements to speed and stability of servers for v2 users.
    • Updated translations from Transifex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom