720p mkv and touchscreen for remote? (1 Viewer)

elektron

December 25, 2007
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi, I just found out about mediaportal but I have one important question before I decide to set up a htpc. Is media portal able to play 720p mkv files? THX!

I have an other question regarding the use of an exernal touchscreen. If my htpc has a dual monitor gfx card and a TV is connected to the dvi output (1280 x 720) and a touchscreen is connected to the vga output (800 x 600). Is it possibe to get the interface screen (primary screen) on the touchscreen to control everything? While the screen on the tv remains black (or a custom designed screen) if there is nothing to be displayed? So that when you select a movie on the touchscreen the black screen (or custom designed screen) on the tv will change in the movie?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi, and welcome!
    MediaPortal can play everything that you have DirectShow-filters for. In other words: Everything that plays in WMP should play in MP :)

You just need the codecs/filters/splitters.

For 720p in matroska container (mkv) this can be done by installing FFD + Haali

elektron

December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi, and welcome!
    MediaPortal can play everything that you have DirectShow-filters for. In other words: Everything that plays in WMP should play in MP :)

You just need the codecs/filters/splitters.

For 720p in matroska container (mkv) this can be done by installing FFD + Haali

Thx! I updated my startpost with a new question btw :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom