A coupe of general questions.. (1 Viewer)

Freak

Portal Member
May 28, 2007
Home Country
Hi peoples...

I currently have Media Portal setup to record from the 2nd DVB-T Tuner, and to Watch TV on the 1st DVB-T Tuner... This all seems to work well for the most part.

I notice however when watching TV while recording a show that Timeshift is always activated. Is this meant to happen? Why?

And also is it possible with MP to setup both to watch and record TV, so i can record two programs at once. (I assume so, but haven't tried as yet) What happens if i give them both a priority of 10? Any trouble?

I also notice that because i have a dual core, i need to set the affinty the CPU-0 so no jerkyness and stutters happen... Any chance MP will set the affinty for itself in future versions?

Thanks for any help..
Cheers,

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As for what I know, you may allow MP to do "whatever it wants" (rec & watch on both cards) and it will usually figure out if what you want is possible or not.

Especially when you start using TVE0.3 (the Client/Server TV in Beta), you will even be able to "consume" more than just 2 channels, because it can record / show all channels on a single transponder (I guess 2-3 for DVB-T, but not sure, depends if SDTV or HDTV).

To your Timeshift question: If you record the same show you are watching, then you are "timeshifting" (just a second or two).

For Dual Core: I don't know.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I also notice that because i have a dual core, i need to set the affinty the CPU-0 so no jerkyness and stutters happen... Any chance MP will set the affinty for itself in future versions?

If this is a AMD X2 then download the updated driver from the amd website as apparently the processor can cause stuttering video in xp when idling (setting affinity overcomes this anyway).

Freak

Portal Member
    May 28, 2007
    Home Country
    As for what I know, you may allow MP to do "whatever it wants" (rec & watch on both cards) and it will usually figure out if what you want is possible or not.

Especially when you start using TVE0.3 (the Client/Server TV in Beta), you will even be able to "consume" more than just 2 channels, because it can record / show all channels on a single transponder (I guess 2-3 for DVB-T, but not sure, depends if SDTV or HDTV).

To your Timeshift question: If you record the same show you are watching, then you are "timeshifting" (just a second or two).

For Dual Core: I don't know.

Thanks for the replies guys, I will setup the 2nd tuner to watch and record today... Thanks..

Please don't rub it in about TVE0.3 as it's never going to work for me, i've spent a week trying to get it to work, but it just doesn't scan channels or work like MP does. :)

I found someone with same card and problem in a link from 15months previous,
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/..._capture-t23750.html?t=23750&highlight=Svideo
    So i don't think TVE0.3 will ever work for me sadly. :(

So i'm stuck with MP, and lack PIP and lots of other goodies..

With the Timshifiting, i believe it's a bug....
    If i have DVBT2 to record, and DVBT1 to play, why should it Timeshift at all....

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated....

PS.... I Do use the AMD Dual core optimizer, however it seems most of the DVB-T applications only like using 1 core. I think it must be a directshow problem with multithreading or something...

Anyway thanks guys....

Freak

Portal Member
    May 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Another question if i may....

I just updated my WEBEPG, it now has all my shows for next week.

However i notice in my scheduled items, where i have a running, "Record Everytime On this Channel" That it hasn't picked up next weeks episodes... (No Red Circle in the schedule)

Will it by next week?, or will i have to manually make another record everytime for the show again, when i update my WEBEPG. If so this seems totally useless to me?

DalaNorth

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2006
    Skellefteå, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've also experienced some problems with my AMD x2 (stuttering DVB-C) even with the latest dual-core optimizer and AMD drivers. Simple fix is to download RunFirst.exe and modify the shortcut so that RunFirst executes MediaPortal. This way affinity is automatically set to CPU 1 on startup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom