A couple minor issues (menu lag,occassional audio issues) (1 Viewer)

AndrewSH

April 16, 2009
OK so I've just recently started using MediaPortal on my brand new HTPC and I must say the program is really cool (and free!!!). I've set things up almost 100% but there are three small issues that if fixed would mean I'm completely set up. I've done searches but can't seem to find the answers (forums are always my last resort).

Issue 1)
When browsing My Videos there is significant lag between each menu. When going through the folders it takes 10-15 seconds to go into a folder and another 10-15 seconds if I go back to the previous folder. Some of the folders I'm viewing only have a few files in them so I am not sure why there is such a delay.

Issue 2)
At first this was working really well, but recently when I try to check 'My Weather' it says the information cannot be retrieved. The strange thing is that it was working at first but just recently it stopped. I've checked the config and the correct City/State information is entered there as a place to monitor

Issue 3)
After selecting a video to watch the audio will play but the screen will stay at the menu for 10-15 seconds. I'm not sure if this is normal operation but I can't imagine it is.. A sub-issue would be that sometimes (and only sometimes) when the video switches to the currently playing video the audio will turn all scratchy and weird. When I go back to the menu and restart the video the issue goes away.

If anyone can help on any of these issues I would GREATLY APPRECIATE!!! Thanks to the community so far just for offering this free program. Hopefully I can get some help too :D

Relevant info:
MediaPortal Version: er.. dunno! Downloaded most recent version two weeks ago
MediaPortal Skin: default
Windows Version: XP Prof.
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz Socket AM2+
HDD: 1.5TB x 2 (one main/one backup)
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard: Shuttle proprietary
Video Card: GeForce 8200 (built into MB)
MPEG2 Video Codec: MP defaults
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MP defaults
h.264 Video Codec: MP defaults
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Time Warner Gayble (thieves)
HTPC Case: Shuttle SN7 series (barebone system)
Remote: MCE

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom