A couple of ideas for plugis (1 Viewer)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Since I'm not a programer, but more an idea-person, I will list my ideas to plugins that will make MP even more attracitve for "most ppl".

I belive the follwing plugins would be usefull (perhaps not necesary);

PPT-plugin
    The ability to show PPT-files using eg. Power Point viewer 2003. Also an ability to search/choose folders incl. PPT-files should be included - and opening mail with PPT-att.

Capture-plugin
    The ability to capture video from DV-cameras or others - via FW, USB or s-video in (like VHS through a PVR-350). Ability to edit the files would be nice, but perhaps to much work?

Picture collecter
    Transfer pictures from digital cameras directly into your HTPC.

.... just some ideas. Hope nobody thinks this is "rude".... since I can't do it myself.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Picture Collector:

For copying maybe the myexplorer will be interesting for you.
    For accessing the pictures you can set up a share in my pictures to the drive letter of your removable drive or card-reader like h:\.

This is not 100% comfort, but already possible.

But fresh ideas are allways good.

tomtom

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks, guys.

I don't realy "need" any of them... they are just some ideas.

Diden't know of the SlideShow plugin - looks great!

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    And good ideas they are, a media box should handle copying of files from your choice of media etc. Guys, remember that MP still has a long way to go... it will be the best.

Crim

Portal Member
    April 13, 2006
    I'd like to see a plugin that lets you use a different PVR app, I'd love to be able to use SageTV with MP.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Crim said:
    I'd like to see a plugin that lets you use a different PVR app, I'd love to be able to use SageTV with MP.

Instead of asking for some other PVR why not explain what issues you have with the current PVR setup inside MP or at the least why you believe SageTV is that much better. Not just "I like" but explain in detail why you like it.

Crim

Portal Member
    April 13, 2006
    Should I also explain why I'm using Zoomplayer instead of the built in players too while I'm at it? :roll:

It's a choice, I happen to like Sage as a PVR more and I would like to use it from within Media Portal which currently isn't a choice.

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Crim, use the MyPrograms plugin, it offers all you need. Still a weird usage of MP, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom