A few iso's won't mount...load time? (1 Viewer)

sclaws

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2009
    Chicago western suburbs
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Here's an odd one. I've seen this recently with 'Sherlock Holmes' and just this week with 'Avatar', both blu-ray images. Moving Pictures tries to play the movies but after about 8sec it says "Sorry, cannot mount the image". When I manually mount the image VCD 5440), it will play without issue (PDVD9). I've tried different Anydvd settings but havent been able to resolve the issue with these movies. Does anyone have some suggestions? I'm comforted knowing that the iso's appear to be correctly made, but its frustrating not having a lead. I was hoping maybe there was a way to extend the time-out duration before MP decides an ISO mount failed, but I cannot find any reference to that.

Would love any comments!

JimK

SV81

Portal Member
    May 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: A few iso's won't mount...load time?

Hi,

i got the same problem with the Blu-ray of Avatar. My solution for this problem was to rip the disc to my HDD and remux it with the TSMuxer. I erased all audio tracks and subtitles i don´t need (just kept English DTS-HD and German AC3 and the appendant subtitles). Then i made an iso file with imgburn. So now i got an iso file of 42 gigs instead of 49 gigs and there is no problem with loading the image anymore. So maybe VCD has problems to load so huge image files.

best regards
    Stephan

sclaws

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2009
    Chicago western suburbs
    Home Country
    Thx for the response Stephan. I gave up and did the same thing using TSmuxer, and the issue is solved for Avatar (with a leaner iso as well). I don't understand why we couldn't easily adjust how long MP waits for an image to successfully mount, but whatever :)

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Any news on this subject? Because it IS a time-out problem with mounting large untouched blu ray's (like Avatar, but there are many more). I prefer my BD's untouched, so I have this problem more often than not. An easy solution would be - like sclaws suggested - to be able to extend the time-out period before Mediaportal decides it cannot mount the blu ray. I love Mediaportal too much not to use it, but this is an irritating issue.
    I'm up to date with my versions: MP 1.1.1.0, Streamed MP 1.4.2.2136 and Moving Pictures 1.0.8.1153.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

sclaws

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2009
    Chicago western suburbs
    Home Country
    I'm still looking for a way to adjust the timeout period for an iso to mount, as I also prefer to rip the entire disc. Anyone know where would be the best location to post this issue? I'm seeing this problem with more and more blu-rays as VCD mounts and AnyDVD decrypts the iso (I keep my iso's protected unless I cannot get around this timeout issue...then usually creating an unprotected iso speeds the mounting up enough to be playable in MP).

sclaws

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2009
    Chicago western suburbs
    Home Country
    Update: For those who use AnyDVD HD with Blu ray, this issue is likely to become more of a problem if you create protected images (which is how this issue started affecting me more recently). Apparently it takes AnyDVD HD more time to decrypt the new version of BD-J...but it doesn't just scan newly created protected images--it will scan all protected images you try to mount--increasing the mounting times and likley causing more to start experiencing this apparent timeout issue.

I've tested mounting outside of MediaPortal and the time necessary to mount is directly related to its decryption (so far taking about 30 seconds to scan an iso). The best resolve that I can come up with is providing a user-configurable timeout duration for reading a mounted iso vs declaring the mount as a failure.

Hope this helps.

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I'm a little bit confused about this Issue/Thread: Is it possible to change the timeout?

I still have have the Problem and would like to increas the timeout (to 20s), to prefent this message, but can't find any Option regarding this!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom