A Linux version for the TV-Server (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Sooooo... As this is going off topic now, you should either start a new thread in the "Off Topic" section or you continue here, we change the topic and move the whole thread.

So... Moving or closing?

jfma

Portal Member
December 30, 2006
Home Country
Spain Spain
Well, if anyone is interested in either
1. develop a TV-Server under Linux or
2. develop a MediaPortal client plugin for MythTV,

you should keep the thread open. Otherwise, close it.

Anyway, thanks everybody for the comments.
P.S. I didn't mean any Linux vs Windows war. I think both are needed and both have their pros and cons.

Paul S

Portal Pro
May 14, 2006
Franklin, WI (Milwaukee)
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
P.S. I didn't mean any Linux vs Windows war. I think both are needed and both have their pros and cons.

The people who have developed Media Portal, and the people who maintain this forum, are VERY sensitive to the suggestion of mixing Media Portal and Linux. You found out the hard way.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The people who have developed Media Portal, and the people who maintain this forum, are VERY sensitive to the suggestion of mixing Media Portal and Linux. You found out the hard way.
    This has just been requested sooo many times yet, and nothing has happened.
    To me its seems that some ppl think that you just have to trigger one switch in Visual Studio and then you have got a Linux version.

the last attempt was the Media Portal to Linux Migration Project.

I will create a sticky thread in the General MediaPortal Talk section of the forum to sum everything about MEdiaPortal and Linux up there. so ppl who are interested in doing this, can find a place to start and other interested ppl for this project.

:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom