A Project... ? (1 Viewer)

richie

May 1, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, I am a long time fan of mediaportal.

This is probably the wrong place to post this but you may be able to point me in the right direction.?!?!?

Currently I use MP as my all in one solution and have built a server (2003) with 2TB of storage acting as a fileserver containing MP3 / Divx / DVD's.
I can use this very well as I am fine with browsing through files and folders to locate the film I wish to play.
I Use DVDDecrypter to rip DVD's to a folder.
Problem : DVD Decrypter does not do an internet search to recognise the DVD and then create folder names from that info / grab images.
Other people that have used my system have trouble with this operation as they are non technical.
What I would like to see is an "itunes" style library feature that will allow you to search via Actor / Genre etc.
I am not sure what would be involved in acheiving this so I thought I would post this to the collective think tank that is MediaPortal.
Cheers

Tricks
:D

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    I use MP's builtin IMDB search feature which grabs images, movie & actor info.
    Just right click the folder containing the movie and choose IMDB from the popup menu. This does require an Internet connection.

For kids movies and stuff that I don't care about that info, I just use google for the cover image as it's quicker then IMDB.

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    Another solution is to create a database collection with specific software like ANT Movie Catalog or DVDProfiler. ANT is a free software and brings many scripts for importing datas for yours movies (DVD, divx...) and you can use the XML database directly in MP with MyFilms plugin....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom