A question about Music Views (1 Viewer)

quixote23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Vancouver
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    So I've been hammering away at MyMusic views for the last two days and I can't quite get it to work the way I need it to.

What I would IDEALLY like is to have a simple folder-view that doesn't read tags at all, but sorts all albums by folder-name and pulls up the folder.jpg inside that folder as the album thumb. This doesn't appear to be an option with MyMusic (for some reason) so I've been meticulously re-tagging my 150,000-mp3 library to suit MyMusic's demands (ie: with artist name in albumartists), and recopying all my files into an iTunes-like artist\album directory tree format.

What I'm going for now is a list of artists (pulled from the albumartist field) in filmstrip, then a list of albums sorted by the year field, then a list of tracks sorted by the track\title field. Thus, in Music Views, I have:

1. albumartist \ filmstrip \ artist
    2. album \ big icons \ date
    3. track \ list \ track

So far so good.

My problem is with multi-disc albums. For example:

I have a 4-disc compilation in a folder titled "Various Artists - No Thanks! The 70s Punk Rock Rebellion". Each track inside this folder is tagged with disc # and a picture for that specific disc. They're also all tagged with "Various Artists" under albumartist, to ensure they'll be sorted into the right artist category in MyMusic (in this case "Various Artists"). What I'd like to be able to do is click on "Various Artists', then see the main folder.jpg thumb for that entire box set (ie: all four discs are grouped together) - then click on that and have a list of the four discs with their disc-specific thumbs. Instead I'm getting all four discs listed as individual albums.

I know I have to add something between #s 2 and 3 but I can't seem to figure it out.

So my questions are:

- Firstly, is there any way to tell MyMusic to ignore tags altogether and just sort by folder name (while still using folder.jpg for thumb creation)?

- If not, how do I have to set up Music Views so it will be sorted by artist\album (w. multidisc grouped together) by year\individual discs (if they exist) by title\track?

mymusic2.jpg

mymusic1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom