A question, please (1 Viewer)

etagure

Portal Pro
December 14, 2007
First i like to say, this is GREAT plug-in, that is what i want of Mediaportal.

I have some question.

I see other people asked it before but didn’t understand answer.

1.) So, is any way to have 2 versions of moving pictures in Home menu.
Why, because i have two folders, one for movies dvd-rip and one for cartoons – rip.
So, in Home menu i would to have one "moving pictures" for Movies, one for Cartoons, not all together.
2.) Is any way to rename moving pictures in home menu like „Moving Pictures Cartoons“
3.) There will be something like „moving pictures“ for Music collection ?

Thanks for answers.

p.s. I don`t see Donate button on moving-pictures - Google Code
:):D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
#1: No, there is no way. Maybe in the future we will look at this, but as of right now it is impossible. The upcoming filtering system will give you the functionality you are asking for though. That will be a few versions down the line though.

#2: In the next version you will be able to rename the plug-in on the home menu. But I suspect that with the answer to the first question, you care less about this one.

#3: We aren't planning on any music collection version of Moving Pictures, but if someone else were interested in working on it, there is a lot of reusable code from Moving Pictures. And would definately help out with some ideas and design goals. But ultimately I am bordering on too many projects as it is right now. So really the answer is I'd love to see something like that too, but I just don't have the time to do it myself.

As for the donate button, I am not sure how I feel about that. We may throw some Google Ads up on the project page so that, long term, we can build up a little money for the project, should the need ever arise to spend money on something. We will see though.

nwaps

Portal Member
September 18, 2008
i wish there was a way to have it more than once. I have tried getting the code and tinkering with it to see if there was someway to have a clone of it named something else and im just not familiar enough with the language to get it done.

i understand how the filtering system would work and plan on using it, but thats not the main purpose for wanting 2 or more of them.

its just like he said having one that is setup for cartoons and one setup for non cartoons. that way kids would have their own "channel" and wouldnt have to worry as much about them messing mine up.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
We will look at it in the future but it would require some architectural changes to make it work, so it would not be in the near future. Sorry...

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Okay, I was thinking about it some more and I will investigate. There have been multiple requests for this recently so I will see if something is possible without too much work. No guarantees, but if it is possible without redesigning things, I will try to set it up so multiple instances are possible as an "unsupported advanced tweak".

nwaps

Portal Member
September 18, 2008
Okay, I was thinking about it some more and I will investigate. There have been multiple requests for this recently so I will see if something is possible without too much work. No guarantees, but if it is possible without redesigning things, I will try to set it up so multiple instances are possible as an "unsupported advanced tweak".

Thanks. even if its something we have to compile ourselves it would be great. ive tried to "clone" it with a different name and i'm just not good enough with the language to figure out exactly how to do it.

etagure

Portal Pro
December 14, 2007

Great, :D

p.s.
And about "Donate button"
Why not, there is many people, I see on this forum, that are overjoyed with your plugin. Donate some bucks for beer and burger when you programing, will be not problem for them (and me)

Sorry for my english, it is not my mother-lanuguage, but i think you understand me.

One again, thans for amazing plugin.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

#2: In the next version you will be able to rename the plug-in on the home menu.

By "next version", do you mean 0.5.6 or 0.6?

Thanks for a great plugin!

Best Regards
    cul8er

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom