A very basic installation request (1 Viewer)

errfoil

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have just upgraded my HTPC to Win7 X64 and added an HD5570 video card.

Previously I was using WinXP and G35 and the following website: h00p://www.projecthtpc.co.uk/htpc_software08.html
    Now, please understand, to me most of you guys are quasi genius. I've read till my eyeballs fall out and I still only partially understand codecs/filters/dumuxers/FFDShow/Sharks/whatthehell!/minnows/etc., especially when they start playing in the same sandbox! But the website listed above has been my Home Theater Bible. If I followed the instructions on that website then my HTPC played every stinkin' file I threw at it, no complaints, no exceptions, wow!. I've shared that website with dozens of normal folks like myself (non-genius like you guys)

So....where is the Win7 x64 version of this site? For the last two days I've been reading the Media Portal website along with AVSForum (even did a major detour with Windows 7 Media Center).I've reinstalled from an image 3 times. The information on this website is very good at digging down into the fine details. I'm just looking for something very simple, straightforward, and step by step.

So, has anyone found an up-to-date install guide for MP RC3 or 4, for Win7 x64? I'd be happy as a clam if it just played all my movies and TV shows, Live TV would be a plus. If you can add OnlineVideos and YouTube then you are a God. If you can get my Harmony 700 remote working (I've never been able to get that one working yet!) with the whole install then I'll get you a date with my sister!

Here's my Hardware:
    Antec Veris V2 (the one with the piece of crap LCD), Asus P5E VM-HDMI, Intel E6550 (2.33GHz), Sapphire HD 5570. All feeding a Yamaha AVReceiver via HDMI. I own CoreAVC. No need for Blue Ray.

In all seriousness I've read that Win7 drivers are awesome and you don't need anything else...Shark is the way to go...FFDShow is all you need....The new Halii is horrible...MP internal player is the best...MPC HC has all the built-in codecs you need...........
    If someone can point me to a blow-by-blow installer page that JUST WORKS then I would be sincerely grateful.

Cheers,
    BC

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ok first there is no x64 version of mediaportal and there isnt a need for one, just install the regular version like normal.

After Mediaportal is installed get these plugins for what you want and install them

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...es-v2-5-4-stable-release-01-jun-2010-a-77247/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/moving-pictures-1-0-rc-available-74046/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/onlinevideos-244/onlinevideos-0-22-11-06-2010-a-57467/

Then after installed go into mediaportal configuration under plugins and configure each plugin, for the tvseries and movingpictures all you need to do is point to the directories of the videos and it will do all the work for you as long as the files are named correctly. There are many posts in the section for each of these plugins that will help alot.

Now your basic setup is done, now you can choose a skin that you want, and adjust other settings.

Then you can mess with live TV also and there is alot of info here on that as well.

As far as codec packs you can use about anything really everyone has there preference, some wont ever use packs and prefer to install all codecs alone, sharks,ccc,k-lite will all do the job. You can also look here for a codec pack aimed toward mediaportal itself https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...dalone-filters-dxva-ready-h-264-vc-1-a-44614/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom