Ability to edit vidoes on the fly (1 Viewer)

clone_tk422

Portal Pro
April 14, 2007
Hey All,

One of the most useful features I had with my Hard Drive Recorder unit which I miss was the ability to edit videos while watching it.

Example, I would play back a recorded show and while skimming through it I can mark segments of the video to cut out. This was useful for editing out ads and also because you started the recording earlier and later than the scheduled time you would also chop off the excess at the start and end of the recording.

I realise you can do this anyway with an external program but for me that means VNCing into the box to do it and
it isnt always a speedy way to do it. Would be nice if you could do it all within Mediaportal with your remote

Actually the Hard Drive recorder didnt even physically edit the video and cut out the bits. All it did was put a marker in the video and when you burned the recording off to disk or played it back it would skip the marked segments to play you the edited video or burn the edited video to disc

Was very handy and would be handy in mediaportal to be able to edit and burn off recordings all within MP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom