Ability to manage collection without settings dialog. (1 Viewer)

craige1

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Alice Springs
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hello peeps,

After searching for a good while, I have not found anything on this so i'll start a new thread.

I'm looking for the ability to manage the "My TV Series" collection without having access to the settings. What brought this up is, I would like the family to be able to add shows to "My Tv Series" without having to go through the MediaPortal config dialog, which requires admin access. The next step up from that would be just being able to manage the collection of TV series but not the settings of "My TV Series".

I thank you for taking the time to read this.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hello peeps,

After searching for a good while, I have not found anything on this so i'll start a new thread.

I'm looking for the ability to manage the "My TV Series" collection without having access to the settings. What brought this up is, I would like the family to be able to add shows to "My Tv Series" without having to go through the MediaPortal config dialog, which requires admin access. The next step up from that would be just being able to manage the collection of TV series but not the settings of "My TV Series".

I thank you for taking the time to read this.

You can make a direct shortcut to the MP-TVSeries configuration, so that you can bypass MediaPortal configuration. But this doesn't stop getting full access to all the settings. There is no user managment system included so there is no Admin/Editor/User type of access to differentiate between what can be done.

However what is your problem on GUI level? I always add shows myself without ever entering configuration, the moment you add new files (even with subfolder structure) to your import path they are picked up by MP-TVSeries (assuming you did not disable this scan behaviour) automatic. In the event that the parsed show title does not match up exactly a GUI dialog will show up allowing you to confirm the closest match, manually correct it to try a new search, always ignore it, or you can escape the dialog and the show gets added as-is (it gets parsed raw without any TheTVdB correction, which is easy to detect via the lower case aspect and missing airdate).

So what you are after is a guaranteed auto-match, which is easy to achieve once you understand the process more (this will be made a lot easier with the new version that is coming), but in short you just have to make sure MP-TVSeries can obtain the "Show Name", the Season number and the Episode number. Everything else will be obtained from TheTVdB website. So just make sure that your filenaming scheme is compatible to the diverse range that MP-TVSeries supports, or configure it to be more compatible. The FAQ has many pointers to use the 'String Replacement' settings to avoid having to mass-rename your files and you can ask for assistance in the expression exchange thread if you have some shows that you have trouble with.

Speaking of which, if you have trouble with 3 or 4 digits episode numbering, then try a new parsing expression that is being worked on at: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-rules-requests-21978/index49.html#post616822

craige1

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Alice Springs
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That would be a great bit of help if i could make a shortcut to the MP-TVseries config, since currently going through the MP config requires admin access.

Ok found it. Why isnt this distributed with MP? :confused:.

Here's the link for anyone stumbling across this topic.
    Plugin Config Loader

Yes I would very much like guaranteed auto-match. Im interested in *how* the new version will help with this. Since it's all file name based, all I can think of is more regex.

I will go and read these faq to see if there is any thing i can do to improve the detection rate of files.

Thanks for all the info, you wrote a good amount of text there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom