Ability to select all drives (1 Viewer)

Toley

Portal Member
April 10, 2005
I would like the ability to select all drives in My Video/Music when I go one directory up - not just CD/DVD drives.

Because sometomes, I put an external harddisk in and because it's not a CD or DVD it can't play it from MP 's 'explorer'.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Add a new folder in the configuration with the drive letter windows assigns to your external drive.

If the drive is not in, it will simply be an empty directory, and if you plug it in it should show the contents.

Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

This is how UAC works, the Media Portal itself runs under a user account, and the Configurator under an Administrator account/rights, the Administrator may not see your shared folders, especially if they are mapped to a drive letter (Because under his account, the shared folders were not mapped to the drive letter).
    This is how UAC works, the Media Portal itself runs under a user account, and the Configurator under an Administrator...
    Hi all, I am thinking this is most likely a Windows issue rather than a MP problem but I thought I would see if there is any advice...
    Replies
    Views
    Are you using a Windows "N" version or similar? Those versions are missing the Windows Media stuff, which need to be installed separately. The call which fails above is related to the Enhanced Video Renderer (EVR) which doesn't seem to find required filters
    Are you using a Windows "N" version or similar? Those versions are missing the Windows Media stuff, which need to be installed...
    I have a new install of Windows 10 (2004), running Media Portal 2.2.3, on a machine that's set up to be a dedicated HTPC. I can...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm also having a problem with networked drives/folders. I've installed MP2 client and server on WIN10 test machine. I've put 3 movies and 8 wtv files on a local HDD, no problem. I have multiple HDD's connected to a WIN10 HTPC on my home network. HTPC and all HDDs are accessible on test machine in explorer. When I go to settings/add...
    I'm also having a problem with networked drives/folders. I've installed MP2 client and server on WIN10 test machine. I've put 3...
    Hello. I am trying to set up the current version under Windows 8. All seems to go well until I try to select the media drive and...
    Replies
    Views
    Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
    Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
    I've just upgraded the motherboard, CPU, ram, boot drives and PSU in my TV Server (always on), and am now having intermittent...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for all the assistance; it is greatly appreciated. Rather than going the suggested route: I decided to do was I had stated earlier. I deleted all partitions (after taking the respective images, of course), then used Partition Master to do a surface scan, on the raw drive. As it came back with zero bad clusters, I thought it...
    Thanks for all the assistance; it is greatly appreciated. Rather than going the suggested route: I decided to do was I had stated...
    This is a continuation of this thread. As I have discovered the actual (most likely) cause, I have posted to the relevant forum...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom