Able the take movie database from older MP to new RC release? (1 Viewer)

snatz

Portal Member
December 26, 2009
I have MP1.1 with a very big movie database including frontcovers, filled in stories, etc. etc.

I want to install win7 on my HTPC and do a new MP install with the newest RC release, I was wondering if I am able to back up my parent database file and import it somehow in a new MP install. Does anybody know this is possible, if so, how? where can I find it? etc.

Thanks in advance.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Which OS are you on now.

Easy way to find your database files are either from START menu, under Mediaportal user files or same from MP config, you are looking for videodatabase and also the thumbs folder, back up both and then overwrite on new install, neither has changed so you should be good to go.

Regards

snatz

Portal Member
    December 26, 2009
    hi, I am now in XP

Start >Mediaportal user files opens "/documents and settings/all users/application data/team mediaportal/mediaportal"

If I overwrite this folder on a new OS with the same movieharddrive it's ok?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If I overwrite this folder on a new OS with the same movieharddrive it's ok?

Do not overwrite the whole MP folder, only the videodatabase file and possibly some other plugins db's like movingpictures\tvseries, the whole thumbs folder can be overwritten without issue, you will still need to manually config MP, but all your existing data will be saved.

What we do not want is you to screw up a newer install with a config file that is no longer compatible or relevant pointing to the wrong place, as all your user files will now be under the Programdata folder in Vista\Win7.

snatz

Portal Member
    December 26, 2009
    Sorry for asking again, i am a bit new at this and have to be sure before I backup. Which file do you exactly mean by databasefile? The db3-files in the database folder I guess?

If I understand you well it's all about these files, is that correct:

/documents and settings/all users/application data/team mediaportal/mediaportal/database/ -> all files

(they are named folderdatabase1.db3, radiodatabasev4.db3, videodatabasev5.db3 and so on)

and

/documents and settings/all users/application data/team mediaportal/mediaportal/thumbs/ -> all files

rest is unimportant? there are also a some xml-files in here and other subdirs like cache, scripts, log etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom