About the X-Factor Skin (R683) (1 Viewer)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

The concept of this skin is to make all options in MediaPortal available as easy as possible and this in an attractive way. I have tried to maximize the use of fanart but still keep focus on usability. As a user of this skin you can customize the main menu and also what images you want to use for different views in the skin. X-Factor was originally based/built upon the great skin files from StreamedMP.

The idea behind the main menu is to have a menu that fits the area of one screen so you can get a good overview of all available options. Moving to a menu or sub menu changes the backdrop image. The skin have a built in menu editor so that you can edit the menu items (basichome) from within MP Configuration. The skin comes with three different menues that you can alter between within MP.

The skin skin is developed for 1280x720 resolution but thanks to the MediaPortal? software it scales beautifully up to 1920x1080 (I run the skin in 1920x1080 on my 40" LCD at home).

Extra Features
    * Included a very customizable menu editor to build your own menu
    * Within the skin you can alter between three different menu styles (horizontal, vertical or AEON like)
    * Within the skin you can alter between two different Moving Picture List view layouts
    * Within the skin you can alter between two different TVSeries Wide Banner view layouts
    * Fanart support for music in basichome, now playing and playlist windows
    * Fanart support for video in myVideo plugin
    * Rounded posters/thumbnails
    * Weather backdrops change according to current weather conditions
    * Smooth animations navigating the skin

Links
    Download Skin (or even better, use the MP 1.1 Extension Installer and get the skin online).
    Download Fonts
    Report Issues
    Project Homepage
    Menu Editor Guide

Important About this skin
    This skin is developed and tested towards the following MP releases:
    * MP 1.1.0, 1.1.1 or 1.1.2
    * Moving Pictures 1.0.8
    * TVSeries v2.6.6
    Please use the above versions along with this skin. I will not answer to any issues reported if you use older versions of these softwares.

Supported Plugins
    * Alarm
    * Anime
    * Arcsoft Player
    * BasicHome
    * DRipper
    * DVD
    * Emulators
    * Extensions
    * Fanart Handler
    * FileExplorer
    * For The Record (4TR)
    * Geckobrowser
    * Global Search
    * HTPC Info
    * Info Service
    * Justin TV
    * Last FM
    * Lyrics
    * Mastermind
    * MediaSlayer
    * Moving Pictures
    * MPGrooveshark
    * MPMaxdome
    * MPNZB
    * Multishortcut
    * Music
    * Music Trivia
    * My Burner
    * My Chess
    * My ClickMania
    * My Connect4
    * My DailyComics
    * My EarthTV
    * My Extensions
    * My Films
    * My Frustration
    * My Hexxagon
    * My Minesweeper
    * My ScoreCenter
    * My Simon
    * My Torrents
    * My Yahtzee
    * mVids
    * My Youtube
    * NetFlix
    * News
    * OnlineVideos
    * Pictures
    * Plugins
    * Programs
    * ProgramsAlt
    * Radio
    * Radio Guide
    * Radio Time
    * RSS Ticker
    * Setup Wizard
    * Settings
    * Shoutcast Directory
    * Showtimes
    * Sudoku
    * SVTPlay
    * System Info (MP Dashboard)
    * Tetris
    * Trailers
    * TV
    * TV Series
    * TVGemist
    * Video
    * Video Editor
    * Weather
    * Wikipedia
    * Worldmap
    * Youtube.fm

Installation
    1. Run the new MPEI installer tool and update the list from online location. Then choose x-factor and follow the step by step wizard.

2. Enable the InfoService plugin in MP Configuration to make RSS feed and weather to work.

3. Open MP configuration and set xfactor as your skin if this is not allready so.

4. In MP configuration make sure "Start with basichome.." option is selected. This is the only supported home menu.

5. In MP configuration make sure that MP-RSSTicker is disabled.

6. In MP configuration make sure that X-Factor Music Info plugin is enabled.

7. In MP configuration make sure that Fanart Handler plugin is enabled. Goto Configuration to edit the options for this plugin. Read the userguide for more information on configuring the fanart handler plugin.

8. (Optional) In MP configuration goto plugins and choose xfactor to customize you main menu. This is also how you can get your modified basichome back to what it looked before upgrading, in this case just open the plugin and then press generate new basichome button and you get the layout you had before.

9. (Optional) The installation zip file only contains a small number of images. To add images and get a higher experience from the skin add your own images to the "Animation\xx" subfolders ro the fanart handler folders. For example add TVSeries backdrops to the tvseries subfolder.

Credits
    * The team behind the incredible software MediaPortal
    * The talented creators of the StreamedMP skin that I have used as base for this skin (and to mattsk88 for giving me permission to use it).
    * The creators of the MediaPortal Black & White skin for allowing me to use their very nice looking logos.
    * The maker of Aeon Stark (Djh) for the best skin ever in my opinion. I use the classification images from this skin.
    * Antony for providing initial help and ideas (creator of the MediaPortal Horizon skin)
    * Pilehave for sharing his concept around the menu editor.
    * Tgx for creating skin files for the "game pack" that I used as base for my game pack files
    * All users of the X-Factor skin that have provided feedback
    * And finally a big thank you to all skinners out there that have created great skins that in some way have inspired me to this.

The team behind the X-Factor skin
    * cul8er (Skinning)
    * dlarge500 (Testing)
    * rekenaar (Testing)

Best Regards
    cul8er

Attachments

• basichome_horizontal.jpg
      basichome_horizontal.jpg
      805.8 KB
    • basichome_vertical.jpg
      basichome_vertical.jpg
      672.3 KB
    • basichome_aeon.jpg
      basichome_aeon.jpg
      479.5 KB
    • basichome_images.jpg
      basichome_images.jpg
      723.9 KB
    • basichome_xfactor.jpg
      basichome_xfactor.jpg
      668.2 KB
    • pictures_filmstrip.jpg
      pictures_filmstrip.jpg
      690.4 KB
    • moving_pictures_filmstrip.jpg
      moving_pictures_filmstrip.jpg
      833.2 KB
    • moving_pictures_listview2.jpg
      moving_pictures_listview2.jpg
      586.3 KB
    • music_tracks.jpg
      music_tracks.jpg
      707.4 KB
    • tvrecordings.jpg
      tvrecordings.jpg
      693 KB

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: About the X-Factor Skin (RXXX)

Hi,

Just to let everyone know that I will release a new version of this skin tonight supporting MP 1.1 Final. Will contain all the patches released for R630 and a few more fixes, adjustments. Will also contain latest version of fanart handler plugin. After this release I will collect all your feedback and put some more effort into skinning again so see this release as a quick release to support MP 1.1 Final. Haven't had much time skinning lately (all available time has gone into the new MPGrooveshark plugin).

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: About the X-Factor Skin (RXXX)

Hi,

Version R678 is now available. Change log will be added later.

best regards
    cul8er

wlgspotter

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2006
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: About the X-Factor Skin (R678)

Firstly, thanks for your hard work. I have been using your skin for a while, and absolutely love it!

However, with your latest skin, I am having trouble installing it. I just "upgraded" to MP 1.1.0 Final today (up from 1.0.2), did a fresh install as suggested, but when I tried installing your skin file, I receive an error about "invalid package" , and I can't install the file. Does anyone knows what have I done wrong?

Thanks.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

when I tried installing your skin file, I receive an error about "invalid package" , and I can't install the file. Does anyone knows what have I done wrong?

I get this as well (running Windows XP). Right-click the file and use the "edit extension" and the installer should run fine.

Emph

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Upgraded today after an upgrade to 1.1.0 final last night.

As ever, it is a brilliant skin and so far seems a little quicker than the last version (not that it was particularly slow before!)

Thanks for all your work. :D

Robbo100

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England

The MPEI is still showing version 630 as the current one = need to dl this and install it manually.
    Can you get this version on the MPEI?
    (I cleaned the MPEI cache just to check - same)

HTPC_2010

Portal Pro
    June 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Hy ... I must say a very very good skin! the menü designer is very comfortable.

there are one thing i would like to say:

when im playing music and i do nothing vor a time ... the MP switches to the now playing screen (i worry that the fan art handler doesnt go here)
    when i go direct to the now playing screen it works. ... or is this a other xml file that loks like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom