About thumbnail icons (1 Viewer)

sebrock

September 14, 2006
I got two questions about the 0.2.1.0 version and thumbnails. MediaPortal downloads some info about the song that are being played and displays it in "Now Playing". This is a really nice feature. Although, my problem is that I got this one song (Sun Kil Moon) which already had an thumbnail. This very thumbnail has somehow copied it self to a lot of songs although it concerns another band/group. By looking closer I see it gets copied to every song in that specific folder. And I have unchecked both "read embedded thumbnails" and "treat folder as album".

Is this a known bug or is there a way to not get mediaportal to show this thumb for every other song?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Are you using "Music Share Watcher" plugin?
    If you are try disable it & delete music db & test again.

Regards
    Roy

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Sebrock,

you didn't mention, which version of MP you're using?
    The "read embedded thumbnails" flag has been ignored in the past and thumbnails were always extracted.
    i've corrected that a week ago.

regards,

Helmut

sebrock

September 14, 2006
    ronilse

I do not use that plugin, not what I can remember anyway (cant access the HTPC right now). If this is not a default plugin I definitely not using it.

edit: I saw now in the 0.2.1.0 changelog that this plugin has been added. I will check it out!

hwahrmann
    It says 0.2.1.0 in my post? This is the version I'm using. Ok, just a thought then: If you change the code to ignore this setting you should change the GUI aswell, just to be logical. Why would you change this? I think its a good feature.

Is there a workaround with 0.2.1.0, anything I can fix myself?

tnx

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    sebrock,

i didn't change the code to ignore it.
    I changed the code, because the flag was ignored.
    with the current version in SVN, the flag is honored.
    but with 0.2.1.0 you still have a version, that ignores the flag.

No, there is no workaround, besides saving the thumbs to somewhere else and replacing them after the scan.

regards,

Helmut

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom