about to buy a tuner card and need help (1 Viewer)

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
The first one may or may not work with MP, however the Hauppauge cards definately work.

I'd suggest a PVR500 (dual tuner) which is a little more, but enables you to watch and record TV at the same time.

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
The Hauppauge PVR cards are in general the best/earliest supported cards in mediaportal.
The most popular variants are the Hauppauge PVR 150 MCE and the PVR 500 MCE.
To say it loosely, the 150 is one tuner, the 500 two, so you can record and view at the same time.
Watch the MCE part in the name, that basicly means it gets bundled with the Microsoft MCE remote (the same as with the Ati card in the startpost).

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,
    onkl said:
    Watch the MCE part in the name, that basicly means it gets bundled with the Microsoft MCE remote (the same as with the Ati card in the startpost).
    Both my PVR-500MCE and the PVR-150MCE I bought previously came without remote. Sometimes they're bundled with a remote, sometimes not (YMMV).

And, the difference between the PVR-150 retail version and the PVR-150MCE is that the regular PVR-150 doesn't have radio, while the PVR-150MCE isn't (always) bundled with a (MCE) remote. The retail version is always bundled with a remote from hauppauge.

EDIT:
    For example:
    the 150MCE "kit"
    the 150 "retail"
    the 150MCE

Kind regards,
    Michel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom