AC3 too quiet (1 Viewer)

Atkatla

Portal Member
May 4, 2007
Hello,
why is AC3 compared to MP3-Streams so quiet? I have to decode both with fddshow. Is it possible to amplify AC3 but not the other media-types?

Atkatla

Portal Member
May 4, 2007
Hi,
I have to use fddshow, because as soon as I use mediaportal I need another audio axis, because my LCD-TV is on the other side on the room. So I changed the audio axis in the fddshow mixer and use fddshow only with mediaportal application. I use AC3Filter for normal "watch on PC" decoding.

Ynot

Portal Member
August 15, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I think you can chain AC3filter & ffdshow together, this may be the best option for you
use AC3filter to decode and amplify the sound, then pass (the now, 6 channel PCM) to ffdshow.
I think you can do this if you set AC3filter to decode AC3, then use the "raw" ffdshow audio filter within MediaPortal.

Atkatla

Portal Member
May 4, 2007
That is an interesting idea. Unfortunately I cant find any raw audio decoder in the audio settings. There is only a raw video decoder in the video decoder settings.

Is it possible to install such an raw audio decoder and if yes, wehere can I find it?

mrkrad

Portal Member
August 24, 2007
dunno its the same on my dish vip-622. i have to nearly double the volume when stations are broadcasting in 384/768kbps dolby (yeah they do 5.1 in 384kbps lol). then the commercials get jacked up on OTA broadcasts when they flip the hd/sd switch.

i think you might be looking at the problem the wrong way. it takes less power to decrease the mp3 output than to increase the ac3 output :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
Replies
Views
Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
Replies
Views
Hello, I read some previous posts but I didn't understand if someone did it or worked on it. I'd like to ask you if there will be the chance to interface the MP-TV series plugin with TMDB also. I don't say to eliminate the chance to keep data from TVDB, but at least the option to choose to switch to TMDB or (why not?) other sources.
Hello, I read some previous posts but I didn't understand if someone did it or worked on it. I'd like to ask you if there will be...
Hello, I read some previous posts but I didn't understand if someone did it or worked on it. I'd like to ask you if there will be...
Replies
Views
I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
Remember PAL DVDs of US movies and TV Shows, and how they were converted to 25 fps thus introducing a "smurf lite" pitch on the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 4K makes Problems. DE
Hello, one question your hdmi port from motherboard is HDMI2.0 at least ?
Hello, one question your hdmi port from motherboard is HDMI2.0 at least ?
Hey, i am using the newest MP version and have some problems playing 4k Movies. The color saturation is too low and the contrast is...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom