Acer Revo RL70 (1 Viewer)

Phathid

Portal Member
February 23, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Think we could help each other here, I have got this, set it up and its running, Im a bit of a noob so might not be getting best out of it therefore willing to try suggestions/solutions proposed and will report back

Anyway installed win8:

hooked up to gigabit network but it was fussy about cable type saying 100mb, used different cable and now get 1gb

Had a bit of problem with surround sound from my AV receiver but it appears it will only passthrough on SPDIF so thats sorted now

It is really quiet, I would suy no louder than my sky box, to be honest i cant here it apart from boot up

The GUI is a bit sluggish using Avalon, now there could be some reasons for this:
- my videos are stored on a drobo attached to TV server, think this slows down moving pictures and TV series
- It has only 2GB ram, not sure if thats enough
- The fanart etc is stored locally therefore do i need SSD?

I have a feeling that my setup with my server is not yet perfect will work on that this week

Playing media so far seems nearly perfect although:

video I get a slight stutter/jump every 20-30mins, this seems total weird, its perfect then all of a sudden that??? think im using FFFdshow codecs as per SAF guide.

TV just seems ever so sloghtly stuttery in fast motion such as football, is that normal?? Using power DVD 12 codecs from unlocked SAF

if anyone wnats me to try anything then list away , im sure it will help me get the best out of this

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Please add your thoughts about this device by adding a page to the wiki
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/4_HTPC/HTPC_Hardware/All_in_One_Mini_HTPCs

If you have trouble making it look nice just add all the text and then send me a message and I will make it look nice.

Generally we use the following format

Description:
    Brief description

Sepcifications:
    Brief specs

link to manufacturers website/specs

Testimonial:
    Your expereince / thoughts / review

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom