Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling: Artic Freezer 7
Power Supply: Silverstone 500 Watt
Remote: MCE
TV: Panasonic Plasma TH-42PY800 Full HD 100HZ+
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI-HDMI
hi there
the other day i was playing a movie through mediaportal, and somehome this "active movie" windows poped up over mediaportal 1.0 interface. i am not sure what was happpening so i just closed it. also sometimes when i try to play a movie it shows me a task bar (while mp is still runing) and then starts the movie. is this suppose to happen??

oagonzalez

February 17, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi,

I've ran into the same situation in which my movie/TV window has somehow undocked from the MediaPortal GUI(see attached JPEG). I am assuming that there is a setting somewhere that I've changed to get this new behavior? I would like to be able to revert back to where the video window shows up as part of the GUI.

Thanks

Attachments

• MediaPortalActiveWindow.JPG
    MediaPortalActiveWindow.JPG
    128.6 KB

oagonzalez

February 17, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ok, I think I've figured out my problem... I was messing around with installing a video converter program before this happened and now I have lost the "MPV Video Decoder" in Media Portal. Now I don't have this available under the MPEG-2 video decoder so I can't revert back to it! Does this make sense as far as it being the issue? If so, is there an easy way of re-installing or re-enabling this video decoder in Media Portal?

oxb

Portal Member
February 9, 2008
Ive got exactly the same problem overhere, installed on a fresh xp sp3.
Anyone found a solution?

oagonzalez
What i did whas extracting the SAF filters and registred them via a batch script, maybe this is will help you.
ive attached folder with the filters

Attachments

• mediaportal stand alone filters.zip
    30.7 KB

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    oxb, please tell us your system specs. It could be some unsupported video card you are using.

oxb

Portal Member
    February 9, 2008
    Nevermind i have uninstalled my video card drivers, uninstalled saf filters mediaportal etc etc.
    After a new installation not using SAF filters and not using the ati catalyst software everything runs fine.
    I`m a happy camper.

Greetz Oxb

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Just got the same thing. Weirdest thing I ever seen!
    A popup window (on top of MP) called "active movie window" was showing TV, instead of MP (which was black).
    Hit the exit, and MP was still blank, but with audio.

Wasn't able to get logs, as kid wanted to watch TV. Systemspecs in MySystem. Using SVN24101.

This appears on any kind of Media Player, be it DVD, MPEG 1, or DivX, or etc... OK, the simple fact is that Windows cannot display movie fast enough through the same display subroutine used by an ordinary program, so there is part of DirectShow that does this behind the scene, in most circumstance you should not aware of this.

This is true for any OS, and is technically the same for gaming but the stuff behind the scene is called by a different name.
    What is Activemovie Window? - Yahoo! Answers
    :-S

tom78

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: active movie window popup.

Since today i have the same Problem.

After a fresh install of my System (XP SP3) with actual drivers of the graphics card (Catalst 10.3) it was neccessary to use EVR instead of VMR because with VMR in Live-TV the picture freezes immediately.
    And now, with EVR, TV works within MP, but this window pops up every few minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom