Add a new videocard to an EPIA may help? (1 Viewer)

alestes

January 8, 2006
Hello, I have an Epia M10000 and a DVB-T cinergy T2.
I see that using intervideo or Cyberlink decoder it goes close to have a smooth TV view, just some stutter.
Do you think that adding a PCI card like ATi radeon 7000, 9550 or a Geforce 5200 may help it ?
I don't wanna buy one of these cards and then found it's unuseful :(
Thanks for any reply!

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

a DX9 capeable card will help alot, i think! :)

The stutter could also have its reason in the DVB-T card, but I know that the onBoard graphics of the Epia is not good at all.

I would go for a ATi Radeon 9550 or GeForce 6200 in your case.

Flip.

Joe Sixpack

Portal Member
    January 2, 2006
    Don't those EPIA boards (and most of the small form factor boards) have UMA for their onboard video? I wouldn't expect them to do very well with an application like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

If anyone wanted to persist trying to use the onboard HD3300, you could increase (overclock) the HT frequency + vga core frequency which can result in better h264 playback (HT frequency is the most important aspect, since you don't have a phenom CPU the HT freq is quite low, so the onbaord gpu can't access the shared RAM fast enough)...
    If anyone wanted to persist trying to use the onboard HD3300, you could increase (overclock) the HT frequency + vga core frequency...
    Hi All, I am a new MP user, switched from Windows Media Center. For the last week I have been pulling my hair out trying to fix...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi again Thomas That might point to issues with heat as we have already mentioned - 5 minutes would be long enough for things to cool down. It could also be related to poor grounding of the outside sheath on your satellite dish cabling. I'm not 100% certain of my answer as such problems can turn out to be something totally...
    Hi again Thomas That might point to issues with heat as we have already mentioned - 5 minutes would be long enough for things to...
    Hi all, I am experiencing temporary pixelation / shuttering playback on LiveTV (HD and PAL) using a TT S2-3200 PCI DVB-S2 card...
    Replies
    Views
    Help! Please Come on, someone must know something...any recommendations...anything at all? elliott
    Help! Please Come on, someone must know something...any recommendations...anything at all? elliott
    Apologies for the repost of this problem but I may have posted this problem in the wrong section as I have gotten n0 responses thus...
    Replies
    Views
    BUMP! No other ideas?
    BUMP! No other ideas?
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0 RC3 Windows Version: XP Pro SP3 CPU Type: Intel C2D E8400 3GHz HDD: Samsung 1TB Memory: Corsair...
    Replies
    Views
    Great Guide! I have about 20 hours so far in this and love the product. Since you have a very good grasp of it can you point me to how we record tv shows without recording reruns? I know this is probably very basic but anywhere I post on the forum on this is met with a deafening silence. I am sure Mediaportal can do this easily since...
    Great Guide! I have about 20 hours so far in this and love the product. Since you have a very good grasp of it can you point me to...
    I've been using MediaPortal for a few months, when I first took the plunge I struggled with understanding how to configure...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom