[Music] add 'Audio Renderer' setting (1 Viewer)

Miranda

Portal Pro
November 16, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hello,

I have a suggestion of functionnality to add in MediaPortal.

First I will explain my installation:
I have one PC with Windows 7 - 64 bit connected to 3 displays, each having sound by a different way:

1- PC used for surfing with a TFT display and stereo speakers in my office.
2- PC is also connected to a videoprojector and a 6.1 sound system of creative through S/PDIF in my salon.
3- PC is also connected to a LCD in my bedroom, where I hear the sound through the HDMI cable connected to my video card.

So in tab Playback of the sound icon in Control panel, I have following:

1- speakers (through Realtek chip of the motherboard - green output)

2- S/PDIF (through Realtek chip of the motherboard - orange output)

3- HDMI (through Ati video card)

I often have to switch between HDMI and S/PDIF output, it's possible in MediaPortal, you have to go to 'Settings' - 'Videos' - 'Audio Renderer', it's very usefull!!!
But this functionnality only work for video, it don't work for music that automatically take the default device configured in control panel of windows. Is it also possible to add 'Audio Renderer' in the settings of music like it is for TV and Videos?

By the way is it possible to create a quicker shortcut for this functionality ('Settings' - 'Videos' - 'Audio Renderer') by a keyboard or remote command?

Hope this can be implemented
:D
Miranda

ofird

Portal Pro
January 8, 2011
Looking for the same
(music audio rendered settings and switching between video audio renderer with a touch of a remote button)

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Really like the possibility of switching between different outputs - But especially to dedicate a specific output to MePo

That way it is possible to have only 1 Pc running several Video and Audio Outputs.

If MePo sound can be bypassed to HDMI sound, and all other windows sound could be using standard analog Mini-jack.

Less power consumption, maintenance and hardware.

+1 for me:)

/Morten

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom