Wiki Add/change country specific informations for the Netherlands (1 Viewer)

Makaveli

Portal Pro
January 11, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I was reinstalling MP, and needed some info from the Wiki. But the Wiki changed completely due to the new design.
I found some country specific info for the Netherlands, but that is not working and missing some info.
- logo's => topic that is mentioned is really old, so maybe it could be changed to this link (plugin)?
-EPG: Only the first link to a python script is working, other ones are not. And maybe the info could be updated to the new way of doing it?
- Weather images: On the old Wiki there was a really great page with links to different images that can be used in the weather plugin. It's not mentioned in the new country specific info section (maybe somewhere else it is?), but I found it on the old wiki. So maybe that can be added as well.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Makavelli,

just wait a few more (let's be optimistic) days, we're moments away from releasing our new and vastly improved wiki to the public. If you want to add the information then, we can easily give you contributor status for the beta.

:D

Makaveli

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, I will wait for it... hopefully nothing has to be changed or added, then it would be the best wiki ever ;)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I wish :p - but that country specific info really needs to be updated by users who have tested and used the links for local content. So we look forward to your contributions Makaveli ;)

Alas, the whole idea of indexing content by different methods (i.e Weather vs by Country) is not perfect yet. The Weather Images page is under Weather (with a See also cross reference to the By Country section). The content on the Weather page doesn't exactly match our 'countries'. So we have not separated it yet.

That is exactly the kind of feedback we are hoping to get in the beta test. So thanks! There is so much good content in the wiki but we need to get it structured in a consistent way that makes it all fully accessible to everyone no matter where they might think to look. Of course the search is much better, so just searching for weather will find all the relevant pages for you. But don't expect the beta version of the wiki to be 'the best wiki ever' - at least not YET - we haven't figured out a way to get it to update itself yet! ;)

Thanks for your very relevant suggestions. We look forward to your feedback on the new wiki.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom