[Radio] Add EPG search to 'My Radio' and other enhancements (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I have thought for a long time that the radio part of MP lags behind other features.

I would love to see a few enhancements, and hopefully the community will be able to help :)

First of all, radio is very similar to TV, apart from the lack of a picture, so I think it would be nice for the radio section to look like the TV section. The only difference would be that there is no need for the area where the TV picture is shown, and I have some ideas for that bit (see below).

Then we have the lack of a recordings section (already in mantis) and search section. Searching is quite important, since the only way to search for a radio program right now is through the TV search. This is confusing and having a list of twice as many search results, half of which you do not want, slows everything down. We really should have the ability to search the radio EPG from within 'My Radio' and not return radio search results in TV search.

There is also no way to skip forward through a radio recording. Since there is no picture, so no fullscreen, the arrow keys cannot be usef for this. Instead, we could use the space that is used for the TV picture in 'My TV' to have a channel logo and some buttons for skip steps.

Does anyone else think this would be a massive improvement? More importantly, does anyone feel strongly enough about this to write the necessary code? Obviously the team would need to agree to these changes, and the code quality would need to be reviewed, but I don't think these are insurmountable problems.

Best wishes,

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom