Add internet stream as a channel to My TV (1 Viewer)

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
O, hahaha! :D :D I hadn't seen the thread was that old! :D
I just searched for the word NASA and I ended up in this thread...

But yes, I must confess I'm anxiously waiting for this option :D
I'm going to try the Mytrailers plugin this weekend, maybe that could be a temp. solution. :)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I found that with the Elecard stream-codec, you could just make .pls-files (w/UDP address) that you could play in (My)Movies.

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Stil no possibility to watch NASA tv in MP?
    It's been over 3 years that people have been asking for it and over a year for me looking for a solution...

I've read all kinds of half baked suggestions, all very confusing.
    I wish someone could explain how I can get it working...so I'm not looking for remarks like:
    "I found that with the Elecard stream-codec, you could just make .pls-files (w/UDP address) that you could play in (My)Movies." (no offence :) ),
    "Perhaps you can get some of the webstreams included in OnlineVideos",
    "If you install Mytrailers plugin you will be able to see internet tv streams in fullscreen.",
    "If you have direct links for internet tv stations, you can contribute to do a playlist database.",
    "Only external Mediaportal plugins like VLC-plugin or MPlayer-plugin will do." or
    something like this. This all says nothing to me, I'm lost here without some more detailed information.

Please, if someone can make this work, could you please tell me how...

markius

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    Maidstone, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    So there is another NASA TV viewer who also uses MP :)

Try this...

Open the attached ZIP file and save the contained .m3u files in your video playlists folder (you can set this folder in MP configuration)
    Start MP and go to "My Video" / Playlists
    Pick one of the streams and press OK.
    Wait for a few seconds. The stream should be displayed in the bottom left corner.
    Press the fullscreen button (On the MCE remote it's the red button)
    Enjoy full screen NASA TV :cool:

Mark

P.S. I totally agree... Internet TV should definately be integrated into My TV. Fingers crossed for MP II
    P.P.S. If you can get the 1200k stream to display nicely you're a luckier man than me... I can only get as high as 300Kbps before it starts to buffer constantly.

Elconejo

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2005
    Belgium
    there is an option for a internet tv stream channel at the new channel window in the TV-server config. But when i select the channel in the client MP it says 'no free card'. How do we solve this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom